What's new

My love for Vulfix / Simpson

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
"Progress Vulfix has been producing shaving brushes for over half a century and is the premier manufacturer of badger brushes in the United Kingdom. The company is renowned for its value for money, top of the range products and has gained a first class reputation for service in the wet shaving market."
These are the exact words you find on www.vulfixoldoriginal.com, in the "about us" section.
I absolutely confirm all stated above.
My love for Vulfix Old Original shaving brushes, and now also for Simpson shaving brushes, dates back to ten years ago, when I purchased my very first Vulfix brush: the N.18 Pure badger.
I was so happy and satisfied about my little brush that, over the years, I have collected other seven brushes, of different shapes and prices, from Vulfix.
The quality of their products and the excellent customer service they offer is amazing.
Therefore I can easily confirm that Vulfix / Simpson is, today for me, the best brush manufacturer in the World.
And my conviction has been reinforced by a fact that happened to me recently.
Here is the story:
A couple of months ago from "The Gentlemans Shop" (www.gentlemans-shop.com) I purchased a Simpson Duke 3 in Best.
After my first shaves I noticed that the brush, unfortunately, was losing two-three hair per shave.
I was somehow disappointed about that, since, for the first time in my life, I was experiencing a defective brush.
I sent an e-mail to Robert, at The Gentlemans Shop, and with his Charlotte we agreed to ship my Duke 3 back, in order to check it.
When Robert received my brush he shipped it back to Vulfix, at the attention of Brett.
Brett confirmed me that my brush actually had some shedding problems.
He accurately removed all the loose hair, washed my brush twice, polished the handle and applied a new "Simpson" sticker.
Excellent, the brush was like new again.
Anyhow, after about three weeks now, I still have not received my Duke.
So I sent another e-mail to Brett, saying that, I hadn't received my brush yet, and that I was also interested in purchasing another Duke 3.
After a short phone call, he said he was very sorry for all the trouble I had and that he would have shipped to me TWO NEW BRUSHES, MAKING ME PAY ONLY ONE, no matter if I will ever receive my first brush.
Isn't this story outstanding?
I already was a satisfied Vulfix / Simpson client, but now, I am a devoted, happy, life-time customer.
Thank you Brett.

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
That is a nice story. The general consensus around B&B is that the customer service provided by Brett and everyone at Vulfix/Simpson is top-notch.

So what are you going to do when the third Duke 3 arrives?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
That is a nice story. The general consensus around B&B is that the customer service provided by Brett and everyone at Vulfix/Simpson is top-notch.

So what are you going to do when the third Duke 3 arrives?

Thank you, Bob.
It is very unlikely that my third Duke 3 will ever arrive, since shipping from the UK to Italy generally takes 5 / 7 working days.
As Brett said, it is almost certain that my first package has been lost or stolen.

nice to hear this story....

I was quite content with my C&E BBB, Omega and Semogue Boar brushes...until one day I decided to try a simpson wee scot, 2 months later and I now have a Tulip 1 in Super, a Emperor 1 in two band, and Special in best...The worst thing is that I which to buy more simpson brushes (maybe a Duke 3, 57 or Major Super) but I've been stopping myself.

Top Bottom