What's new

My Guess... 3017

Once I get my current tube of Musgo out of the way (a week or two more), I will be moving on to an almost full tub of JM Frasers and an 11oz bottle of KMF lime. I will see if I can finish these up by the end of summer. I will also be using Boosters Iced Lime A/S but I doubt I will be able to use a full bottle up in this period.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I will be moving on to an almost full tub of JM Frasers. I will also be using Boosters Iced Lime A/S but I doubt I will be able to use a full bottle up in this period.

Both of these products will take herculean efforts to finish since both are huge.

I sold the JM Frasers knowing that I would never be able to finish it. I finished both the Booster Iced Lime and the Polar Ice and they took forever.

Good luck.

Beginning today, I will use a puck of Gold Dachs soap until it is finished. As mentioned earlier, it already has about 14 shaves on it. Here is where we are starting from:

View attachment 100586

This morning, I used my new Simpson Milk Churn to lather it up in a bowl. Following Jim's instructions for soap lathering from the Sticky (which I always do), I generated a boat load of lather, most of which was left after three passes.

View attachment 100587

We'll see how long this sucker lasts. My money is on 2 months or less.

Last edited:
I'll be using either AOS Lavender and/or Pitralon AS until one of them is gone. I most assuredly gave myself a few loop holes to make it a little easier on myself.

Last edited:
I sold the JM Frasers knowing that I would never be able to finish it.

I still have a good portion of it left even after giving some good sized samples away and several uses. :laugh:

I'm in the same situation with a ton of soaps and creams I really should finish before getting new ones. Ah but the allure is too great sometimes. :yesnod:

On to my summer task:

An almost full tub of JM Fraser, an 11oz pump bottle of KMF, and a full bottle of Boosters Iced Lime A/S.

The tub on the left is the one I will be using. The one on the right is my spare/emergency tub of JM Fraser :biggrin: which is unused.

full

Last edited by a moderator:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
NOS Trumper Rose Tallow Soap started in mid November of 2009 and used pretty much exclusively has a pronounced hole in it...
proxy.php

For those of you who have used Gold Dachs soap, you know that it has a somewhat undefinable scent. Yes, it's floral, but no flower that I've ever smelled. It's not a cologne or perfume, and is not an extension of someone's branded scent. What is it though? Figuring it out has been like trying to grab a stray piece of shell in some beaten eggs. I think I've figured it out. When I was slicing up a mango the other day, the thought immediately popped into my head "Boy, this smells like Gold Dachs." I swear the soap has mango overtones. Can someone with a spare puck of Gold Dachs and a mango please confirm? `:wink:

......that and sticking every other cream and soap in a box and sticking them at the top of the closet.

That's what I do with all of the stuff that is mailed to me at work, just so my wife doesn't learn how truly out-of-hand my ADs have become. :blush:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
....it does get easier to stick with the same soap once you're about 2 weeks in and it becomes routine...

I've been on a tear of Trumper Rose only (save a day here and there) since mid November 2009. I am getting the highest quality of performance because of it. The razor has been the same for the most part and the brush is the same for a month at a time as well. Rather than becoming a boring servitude, it is a pleasure every morning.

Top Bottom