What's new

My "Gold Slash" 7 day set

We're not leaving until all of our Gold Dollar brethren in Ningbo recieve equal pay, vacation time, and 401k plans as their counterparts in Solingen!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Its always refreshing to see the OP taking part in his own thread hi-jack :).

We want more pay equity so we can afford the leases on our BMW's!!

Ah man, I love this thread.

I have two GDs sitting in my room just waiting for the grinder. Someday I'll get around to working on them and that W&B wedge....Someday.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Did nothing further on the project today. I was out on the town until about 6 this morning, doing research for this thread.

OK, pulled the trigger on 4 of those AU gold dollar (hmmm...did I make a funny?)

Hopefully I didn't waste $20.

Phil

Search "seraphim's shenanigans" in this sub forum. I think just about everything in that thread is a Gold Dollar #66. Also, I just did my first Gold Dollar here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/269699-My-first-stab-at-modifying-a-Gold-Dollar
It started out as one of those crappy looking #66's and is a fantastic shaver now.

You wasted nothing. At the very least you'll get one or two good shavers, at the best you'll get 4 fantastic ones that look as good as they shave - it's all in how much effort you decide to put into it. I have about 2 hours total time in mine. Best $5 I ever spent.

It's not a Gold Dollar any more. It's not a Gold Slash yet, either. I rubbed out the old brand and left it as a tabula rasa for my own mark.That's my home depot marble lapping plate, and a piece of 80 grit paper tacked to it with spray adhesive.

I've been looking around a bit (not much effort put into it yet) and was curious if HD would have something to use as a lapping plate. Is that a scrap from a countertop, a floor tile, or some other marble piece?

Top Bottom