What's new

My "Gold Slash" 7 day set

I'd be interested in about 10 of the 7/8 ones. Three to practice, then 7 for a full set. Then I could retire from SRAD (haha, yeah right!)

Anyway, no purchases for me until 2013!

I'd be interested in about 10 of the 7/8 ones. Three to practice, then 7 for a full set. Then I could retire from SRAD (haha, yeah right!)

Anyway, no purchases for me until 2013!
i have been hunting a 7/8ths gold dollar for a long time..... apparently they are like frog teeth.....

the new 300's i see listed on ebay are listed as 6/8ths..... i don't know.... i guess i could gamble a bit and see what they send me....

i have been hunting a 7/8ths gold dollar for a long time..... apparently they are like frog teeth.....

the new 300's i see listed on ebay are listed as 6/8ths..... i don't know.... i guess i could gamble a bit and see what they send me....
I mean, 6/8 razors are still fine for me, but that's the smallest that I'm finding I like. I have a heavier-grind 5/8 W&B Bow Razor that shaves really nicely, but my other 5/8 razor feels too small and jittery. I like the feel of my 6/8, 7/8 and 8/8 shavers better.

The GD honing passaround razor is a #300 and measures every bit of 7/8" I just measured it. It won't of course end up as a 7/8 when everyone gets done honing the absolute bejeezus out of it...

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I prefer a 5/8 so let's compromise and do the 6/8 #66. It is the cheapest, and the easiest to "fix". Even better, we get them without scales. The scales are mostly going in the trash, anyhow. I bet we could get them for around $1/ea plus shipping and customs duty. I would take 20 of them, maybe more.

Remember when www.ruprazor.com was selling shave-ready Gold Dollars? Those would make great newbie razors or broke college student razors. I would do that myself except I am a seaman and you can't run a kitchen table business when you are traipsing around the world without even a firm schedule. I bet Larry would like a couple hundred of them.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Oh, another reason to go with the #66 is the brand is not stamped as deeply, so you can grind it out and put your own.

If they were $1 each, I'd probably take more than 10. 25-50 or something like that. Then everyone I know would get a straight razor and I'd convert them all! Muhahahaha!

If they were $1 each, I'd probably take more than 10. 25-50 or something like that. Then everyone I know would get a straight razor and I'd convert them all! Muhahahaha!

i would be good for 50 or so.........

lots o fun.... i only have one 208 left... i have given all my 66's away to friends....

Are you referring to the 208 that is in the mail?

I would buy 10 - 15. I don't have a ton of time, so I would just squirrel them away and work on them one at a time. I would prefer that they didn't have scales too. That much less work I have to do taking the crappy ones off.

I mean, if they're in the $1-$2 range, plus shipping and customs, then we're looking at under $100 for 25 razors. Maybe even for 50 razors. That's crazy cheap.

If it's 1000 minimum and we get them without scales, the shipping wouldn't be too bad. We'd need someone with a legit business to import them, I'd guess. Fifty of them would give those of us who want to play with them enough for a lifetime of tinkering.

Are you referring to the 208 that is in the mail?

I would buy 10 - 15. I don't have a ton of time, so I would just squirrel them away and work on them one at a time. I would prefer that they didn't have scales too. That much less work I have to do taking the crappy ones off.
yep.......... my precious....

proxy.php

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Alright, then... count me in for 50, as well. If we get 20 members to commit for 50, that's our 1000 minimum. If we move the group buy discussion to another thread, maybe some more guys will pick up on it. We need someone who has managed a group buy to get in the deal, preferably a group buy from a foreign seller.

Alright, then... count me in for 50, as well. If we get 20 members to commit for 50, that's our 1000 minimum. If we move the group buy discussion to another thread, maybe some more guys will pick up on it. We need someone who has managed a group buy to get in the deal, preferably a group buy from a foreign seller.
I'm also in!

I bought a box of a hundred at like $1.79 a razor. Once the wire transfer fees, shipping (close to $100 just for that), customs and getting gipped out of an extra $30 by the sales guy, plus a couple 200's and 300's, the grand total was about $350. It's just as simple to order your ten razors at $6 a piece from EBay than going through a whole rigamarole with a group buy, shipping, etc, etc.

Is $6 a razor really too much to ask?

Top Bottom