What's new

My blade storage!

The yellow ones are Ladas. I got them from Phil (bullgoose) when he still had some along with the Voskhods, both Russian of course.
Haven't tried them yet but the Voskhods are definetly in my top 5 of blades.

Index card box, now we're talkin'!

Bringing this one back so I can show off my index card box that I use for blade storage. There's about 450 blades stored in here and it fits in my nightstand drawer:

$BladeStorage.jpg

Okay, that looks pretty darn sweet. How many blades does it hold (assuming five packs)?

The Feathers are 10 ct packs the others 5 ct, so it holds somewhere between 350 and 400 fully packed I assume. Need to get another one though, I have 100 each Super Iridiums and Polsilvers on the way from Spain:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:.

I enjoy doing wood work type stuff, so I made myself a tray to hold my blades and misc stuff. I plan to put a hinged lid on it, so that I can have a tight closure to it and keep moisture out of it, but for now it sits quite well inside one of the drawers in my bathroom.

Very nice!

I enjoy doing wood work type stuff, so I made myself a tray to hold my blades and misc stuff. I plan to put a hinged lid on it, so that I can have a tight closure to it and keep moisture out of it, but for now it sits quite well inside one of the drawers in my bathroom.

Nice!

What kind of wood did you use?

Blade Storage from a lowly newbie.

All the blades I have fit into four Altoid small's tin's. The fifth tin is my blade bank.
The cinnamon smells great when you open it.

$IMG_1928.jpg

Nice!

What kind of wood did you use?

Birch from Home Depot. Comes in 3' lengths of various size. I used 2.5" x 0.5", and 0.25" pieces as the bottom and the spacers. I think I might need to fill in the big spot on the right with two more rows for blades though, cause I have at least 100 more coming, heh. Plus that would give me an excuse to build a razor storage case!

I saw this in Staples today ($9.97) and thought that it might work. Turns out it's pretty much perfect.

View attachment 220091

Here's looking at it from an angle so you get a better idea of overall dimensions and size.

Each individual box can hold 10 of the 5 blade cardboard packs. Eight vertically and two laying on top for a nice total of 50. The width is such that they just barely touch the sides of the box with enough friction to hold them in place. Plastic cases (Feather/Derby etc.) won't fit in sideways but there is plenty of room for 5 10-packs and I just use one of the inserts that comes out before the first blade to display at the front. 100 bulk blades also fit nicely with most standing vertically and a few laying on top.

Here is a link to the product page if anyone is interested.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/html/onlineshop/rub/b00_14litreOrg.php

I like it!!

Cigar boxes! They are made of cedar because it is great for controling moister. You can get them for $1 or less from your local Cigar store.

I think I'm in late stages of RBAD because I'm considering vacuum packing my horde of super iridiums so they outlast me. Im 37 so we're talking about a potential 30-40 year storage plan.

Top Bottom