What's new

My Barbershop Set

My recent SMAG (Shaving Mug Acquisition Disorder) led me to collect this Barbershop - Old Fashioned Luxury set from Franklin Toiletry. These came in a few different colors, but is anybody aware of any individual pieces that I do not have?

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I have seen them in other colors such as black on Ebay over the past few years.:thumbup1:
Yes, I've seen black, cobalt blue, and a wierd gold/iridescent color.

This recently sold on ebay.

Oh yeah, I saw that auction too, forgot about it. I guess it was orignially a shaving soap jar. So I assumed you'd stack your pucks in it until you needed them? I didn't really see it as something I could use. I'll keep my eye out in the future though. Thanks

very nice set :thumbup: what after shave is that
Actually what is in the bottle right now, is some scrubbing bubbles, trying to clean out the old stuff. I plan on filling it up with Jeri's Hair Tonic.

Last edited:
Didn't Old Spice make a stand just like that?
Either way, it's friggin awesome. Off to eBay with me... Thanks a bunch. LOL

There's a nearly complete set on eBay for $230. I didn't see the soap jar though.
Cool shelf and bottles.

Last edited:
All your Barbershop gear is in excellent condition!! Make sure to keep it that way. I've seen so many crusty boxes and chipped brushes that are subjected to such shame.

Very nice set! I have the brush, soap and mug, I posted a SOTD picture of it in the Schick Type E thread is the safety razor forum yesterday. The soap is top notch stuff, reminds me a lot of the vintage Williams, and I also really like using the brush.

B

Bubba74

You have a really nice set! I just purchased a similar set on ebay & am looking forward to getting it in. I purchased another set with an original scent shave bar in a brown(ish) box & I was really looking forward to using it. However, when I opened the box, I was presented with the worst smell I have ever encountered. Does anyone else think that the original scent is awful? The box appears to have gotten wet so I'm wondering if it molded & changed the smell.

A friend recently gave em one of the wooden racks from that brand. it's pretty nice, albiet a bit large ( and I have no idea what to do with it. :p )

Top Bottom