What's new

Multi color swirl brush

Boy do I know how true this is! Some, such as transparent liquid dyes, can be extremely difficult to use. They are what I call a "Goldie Locks colorant". Too little, even if think it looks good, can disapate and come out clear and to much, say for red blue and green, and you might as well have colored the resin black. You have to get it just right.

I've had that happen so many times with transparent blue...

Thanks!
I should have thought of YouTube, the repository of all knowledge.

If you can wade through the videos of people that think they know what they're doing but in reality have no clue, then yes, it's a great resource. And I'm not just talking casting but all informational videos in general. Most of the videos are basic casting technique, but it gives you a foundation to build on. Experimenting will yield many failures, but it's also how you discover to make some really cool effects. Expect to waste a gallon or two on lackluster, ugly, and even ruined blanks, but you'll get the hang of it. The not so good blanks are great to practice turning with.

Lol, I hear you on the ones that think they know what they're doing. Some people just like seeing themselves. Usually there's a few gems in each pile of manure and the underperformers give a good idea what NOT to do.

Lol, I hear you on the ones that think they know what they're doing. Some people just like seeing themselves. Usually there's a few gems in each pile of manure and the underperformers give a good idea what NOT to do.

You can learn more from them sometimes! I saw a video where a guy just got a vacuum pump/chamber. Not sure why as he made no mention of degassing resin or stabilizing but he clearly has no idea what he was doing. He was showing how it made a marshmallow expand and other useless things. He then proceeded to ruin the pump by sucking water vapor through it. The only thing funnier than the video were the comments.

Often you tube videos are not as instructional as they should be , but instead just listening to someone that loves to hear themselves talk and constantly fiddle with the go-pro. I have watched 6 minute videos where the person holds the item and talks for 75 percent of clip imparting nothing informational.

Top Bottom