What's new

Muhle R41 Head with blade

I need a favor. Can anyone provide a close-up picture or two of an R41 head with the blade inserted? I'd like to see how the blade is positioned in relation to the comb.

I have a short, spare handle made of Russian Bog Wood that I used to use with my DE8911, but have gone back to using the longer, stock chrome handle with the EJ head.

In any case, I'd like to get the Bog Wood handle its own head...it deserves it! :p

The DE8911 works absolutely stellar on my dome, but I find myself using a Gillette Old Type on my face...as I have trouble cutting some thick, wire-like hairs on my neck with the DE8911. The Old Type cuts through the tough neck hairs that the EJ has trouble with. I'm thinking an R41 head could also get at those neck hairs, but want to see what the blade looks like when fastened in the head. If the blade rests too far above the comb, I may get freaked out and not buy it :p .

Thanks!

here are some close-ups of a Mühle R41.
DSCF0065.JPG
DSCF0066.JPG
DSCF0067.JPG
DSCF0068.JPG
DSCF0069.JPG

Thanks very much for the photos! It looks like the blade is not quite resting the comb....am I right? It is out there in the open just waiting to bite, haha. Definitely looks more aggressive than a Gillette Old Type.

I'm gonna have to think about this one for a bit...

That is correct, the blade does not rest on the comb. I have found the R41 to be very aggressive. It can bite, but surprisingly with the right angle I have had near zero weepers and no irritation. Still, it's not my favorite razor. I will probably sell mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom