What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

I believe Lee mentioned that he was using vintage Rooney knot shaping forms, and I would suspect he is proud of that fact, so I doubt you'll see a knot shape change in the near future. Though maybe that was for his 3 band brushes and not the M&F's.

Really, the whole anti-bulb thing is a bit overblown. A few guys got pissed at Simpson for making so many bulbs, a few more added off hand that they preferred fans, and suddenly fans are the new black. Don't get me wrong, I love the fan shape of my stubby or my UK silvertip knots.... but I also love the bulb of my chubby, my TGN SuperSilvertip, and even my super-bulb'ed 2 band duke.

I don't think 48mm is too low for a 2 band bulb... it all depends on personal preference, and I think a lot of people would prefer 48mm to 54mm for a bulb shaped 2 band. I can't speak for everyone though.

my comments were made purely based on personal experience. Short lofted+ dense+stiff brushes aren't my cup of tea and my face doesn't agree with it.

my comments were made purely based on personal experience. Short lofted+ dense+stiff brushes aren't my cup of tea and my face doesn't agree with it.

These brushes do have great hair and I don't think having a shorter loft would hurt them in the least. That said, I still prefer the feel of a taller loft:thumbup:

Ken

I'm the exact opposite. Short lofted+dense+stiff brushes are really the only ones I do like. Hell, I'm probably one of the only ones on this board crazy enough to have a custom DO1 2-band 24mm knot set at a loft of 42mm (though it is an extreme flat top).

I'm the exact opposite. Short lofted+dense+stiff brushes are really the only ones I do like. Hell, I'm probably one of the only ones on this board crazy enough to have a custom DO1 2-band 24mm knot set at a loft of 42mm (though it is an extreme flat top).

One of the few...I was considering having another made with such a short loft. My 46 feels a touch tall.

I have a 50mm and a 53mm loft versions. Not so sure that this hair would work well much shorter than 50mm. It would be beyond firm, bordering on abusive.:lol: However, ymmv etc.

I have a 50mm and a 53mm loft versions. Not so sure that this hair would work well much shorter than 50mm. It would be beyond firm, bordering on abusive.:lol: However, ymmv etc.

My feeling as well, but there are those here (Seth, I'm calling you out:lol: Vlad... You too buddy:thumbup:) who like that sort of thing:001_smile

Personally, if mine were any shorter, I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

Ken

I was just messaging with Lee and he informed that he had a couple of 24mm x 48mm brushes. Got a pic of my new 27 mm and its beautiful. Ill post it later.

Fred

Ken, haven't heard from you for a while. How are you liking the big M & F brush? Is it all it was cranked up to be?

Fred

Ken, haven't heard from you for a while. How are you liking the big M & F brush? Is it all it was cranked up to be?

Fred

Fred, it's an excellent brush and top notch quality. What I'm unsure about is the density/loft. It's almost too dense for my liking (per YMMV stuff as many would consider it too tall and not dense enough:001_rolle). I think I'd like it much better 5-7 mm taller. No denying it's top notch and great hair though.

Still breaking in though, so time will tell.

Ken

Fred, it's an excellent brush and top notch quality. What I'm unsure about is the density/loft. It's almost too dense for my liking (per YMMV stuff as many would consider it too tall and not dense enough:001_rolle). I think I'd like it much better 5-7 mm taller. No denying it's top notch and great hair though.

Still breaking in though, so time will tell.

Ken

Ken, are you face lathering or using the bowl?

Ken, are you face lathering or using the bowl?

My horn handled brush **finally** arrived yesterday and I am eager to try it. I have not read every post in this thread so someone may have mentioned it, but Lee's wife was expecting any moment when he sent my brush and has almost certainly delivered by now, so congrats should be in order.

Lee also offered me a 30mm/56mm version that I passed on and suggested that he contact Ken our resident big brush lover. Its the one on the left below.
View attachment $Big Lee.jpg
Lee also passed along the following note about how the Blonde hair compares with his 3-band and the accompanying photo as well...

[Quote Lee] Hi mike

think you may find this interesting see the length of the blonde badger to start against super.
We have to cut it back to the same as super to use.
I hate waste but you can not do anything about it to get the right hair.

Sorry I really don't think I am going to get website up till march.

I am going to send you a picture of the special brush its 30mm but only 56mm loft.
Very soft not a hint of scratch but good backbone.I face lather and this is a really treat.

Regards
Lee [End Quote]

View attachment 145754

a lonesome turkish wanderer from somewhere in the middle of western africa grabbed it!!

sounds weird, doesnt it?..

sorry mate!

best wishes..

:sod:

Last edited:
Top Bottom