What's new

Mike's Natural Soaps - an early review

I took mine for a first shave today. I really like the orange scent (although I like the rosemary peppermint sample better and wish I had ordered a full cake of that instead). I found it to be very easy to lather (little water on the soap while my brush soaked, Omega 49, maybe 30 second load?), and this is my first non-soft soap. Great lather, no irritation, no obvious allergies (this is a frequent problem). I think i'll be ordering more of this!

Good to see another tallow choice on the market.

I'm up to my ears in soaps, but if'n there was a scent that really floated my boat, like bay rum or Old Spice......

I received my samples yesterday and had my first shave today. I went with the Lime and WOW! A great scent, the best lime I have used yet. I found it easy to lather and I whipped up a great lather with my Omega boar. I had a DFS and my face still feels wonderful, I think it must be the lanolin. I think I'm going to use this for a few days before I try out the Orange/CedarWood/BlackPepper sample

I received my samples yesterday and they are wonderful! I didn't find them hard to lather at all, but I will say that they can be a little temperamental with adding more water to the lather. My favorites are the barber shop and the rose and cedarwood. Really really nice.

I've been using the Mike's Natural Orange/Cedarwood/Black Pepper every day this week to get the full experience, and I'm definitely impressed. This stuff lathers like a champ with both my Vie Long 13061 and my TNG 20mm Silvertip. It provided a nice, slick lather with plenty of cushion for both a Fatboy and a long comb NEW with Feather blades. I already have a bar of Lime on it's way here and I foresee continuing to buy more product from him.

Pro-tip: Because it has Lanolin in it, I find it. performs best with cooler water, which is especially nice with summer starting to get into full swing here!

I can't wait to get mine. I ordered the lime scent, but now I want to try the Barbershop scent too! Seems to get high praise from everyone! I'll post a picture of the lather and an update when I get it.

Can you tell a difference with the lanolin in Mike's compared to the MW?

I cannot. I find both to provide nice cushion during the shave and both to be very moisturizing post-shave. I know some find lanolin to be irritating, but fortunately, I do not.

This stuff is great! I bought the unscented, lavendin eucalyptus, lime and barbershop. I used the lavendin eucalyptus first. My first experience with tallow and lanolin and if every shave is as good as the first, I plan on always using soap with tallow and lanolin. Great lather that was easily produced. Not a bit of irritation and my face feels like I didn't even shave today. Didn't even need any aftershave.

Good to hear. I didn't like the OCP-guess I'm not an orange guy. I am really liking the Barber Shop sample alot-took a leap of faith and ordered full bars of Lime and Peppermint Rosemary along with B.S. when it's back in stock. I haven't met a lime I didn't like yet, so figured that would be a safe bet.
:thumbup1: on Mike's friendly customer service, order acknowledgement etc, and Great shaving product too!

I received my samples yesterday and had my first shave today. I went with the Lime and WOW! A great scent, the best lime I have used yet. I found it easy to lather and I whipped up a great lather with my Omega boar. I had a DFS and my face still feels wonderful, I think it must be the lanolin. I think I'm going to use this for a few days before I try out the Orange/CedarWood/BlackPepper sample

Got full bars of lime, O/CW/BP, and Peppermint Rosemary. All 3 are wonderful. I see from Mike's listing, the Babershop is a complex scent. Would anyone offer a "what does this smell like" for reference. What is the dominant scent? I absolutely love the O/CW/BP and orange is clearly dominant. Many thanks if anyone can give a description of the Barbershop scent.

Top Bottom