What's new

Mike's Natural Soap

I am really enjoying my Mike's. I have full bars of the Lime, O/CW/BP, and Peppermint/Rosemary. I ordered samples of the Lemongrass/euc and Lavandin/euc last night. For me, these soaps are a lot like QCS- the performance is unbeatable- it's just about finding the scents you like. I'm a sucker for citrus so I probably should of just ordered a full bar of the lemongrass/euc and saved on shipping. The purchase is inevitable and resistance is futile.

I soak my brush in hot water for about one to two minutes and I immediately place my brush on the soap and start "swirling" the brush vigorously for about 5 minutes. I sliced a piece of the Mike's Natural Soap to fit in my shaving mug. I get a pretty good lather considering I don't have a DB scuttle (yet). I'm still lather learning but I'm having fun learning.

WARHAWK

Thanks for the help! Anyone else have any tips for Mike's?

Nice lather. Mikes is now on my list. Thanks warhawk. Say, what did you think of the Razorock cacao sample?

Nice lather. Mikes is now on my list. Thanks warhawk. Say, what did you think of the Razorock cacao sample?

Hey Predict: U must have missed that post. I immediately posted my review (I believe it's somewhere in the Newbie section of the forum). I actually loved the Razorock cacao sample and it will be my next shaving cream purchase when I run out of the TOBS.

WARHAWK

Thanks for the help! Anyone else have any tips for Mike's?

I go about it a little differently but I get great results. I soak my brush (badger) while I shower (about 5 minutes) in warm water. I shake most of the water out of the brush and hit the puck for about 30-45 seconds till I start building a "pre-lather" on the puck. I usually face lather (my DB scuttle is in the process of being made) and I slowly dip the very tips of my brush in warm water until I have the lather I want. I get wonderful, slick, protective lather from Mike's consistently. Hope this helps.

Hey Predict: U must have missed that post. I immediately posted my review (I believe it's somewhere in the Newbie section of the forum). I actually loved the Razorock cacao sample and it will be my next shaving cream purchase when I run out of the TOBS.

WARHAWK
I did miss it! I must be slacking! Glad you enjoyed it. It's really great stuff especially for the price.

I received my Mike's package today. I bought a cake of the unscented and samples of just about everything else. I did a test lather and this stuff just explodes. I used a best badger that was damp, and loaded it for about 10 seconds. I face lather and got heaps of lather in about 15 seconds. The scents are well done & balanced. I'd like to see more pepper in the Orange/Cederwood/Black Pepper soap in the future. YMMV. The Barbershop scent is unique. I wasn't expecting a scent like that to be associated with "Barbershop", but it's growing on me. Mike even threw in a free sample of Rose/Cederwood. I'm not a fan of rose scented anything but this is nice. Once my den starts thinning out, I honestly see Mike's products taking over. Mike if your out there, great job on the soap.

Really curious about Mikes soaps. How do they stand up to MWF?

IMO they are in the same league. MWF is harder than Mike's Natural. Cushion is about the same but I think Mike's is a little slicker. Both contain lanolin, at least I think so. I'll have to verify that last statement.

IMO they are in the same league. MWF is harder than Mike's Natural. Cushion is about the same but I think Mike's is a little slicker. Both contain lanolin, at least I think so. I'll have to verify that last statement.
Hm nice to hear! I'd love the tin but unfortunately if I want it then the scent I want (Orange&pepper) is out of stock.. Now I'm torn between the Lemongrass/Eucalyptus and the Lime!

I have 4 of Mike's "flavours", 5 if you count a very generous free sample. Easily one of my favorite, if not my outright favorite soap. I use a damp brush, swirl it on top of the soap for ~20 seconds and transfer to a bowl. I lather for ~30 seconds and add water as needed. After ~1.5 minutes I have an awesome lather! Face feel after the shave is absolutely top notch and Mike's customer service is second to none! :thumbsup:

Mind..........blown.............is there a lemon and rose soap or cream out there? I have to try it. That sounds amazing!

Sadly, not that I've found.

My girlfriend bought me some bath soap from the farmer's market in Portland the other day that was Lemon and Rose... and I'm now in love. Been trying to find someone who makes it since.

While YMMV, I wouldn't say Mikes and MWF are in the same league. Mikes is a fantastic soap among many that Ive tried.

MWF, on the other hand, has been relegated to pre-shave duty, aka, un-fit for shaving

I think MWF and Mike's are the same on slickness but Mike's has better cushion to me. What really gives Mike's the edge for me are the wonderful scents.

Top Bottom