What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

My old toaster was on it's last legs so I picked up one of these today.

proxy.php

It has a button that allows you to lift up the toast and have a look at it without changing the cooking time. It's got another button called "A Little Bit More" for when your toast is almost right but you just want it a little browner. It's a 21st century toaster.

I also saw one of the new Sunbeam Platinum electric fry pans on sale so I couldn't resist.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Ok Jim, this is getting creepy. We both love kitchen knives, shaving, and now coffee as well? Here's my list of coffee equip:

Viebemme Domobor Super Manual
2 Mazzer Mini's
Gaggia Achille Lever
Behmor roaster
HotTop roaster (in March)
numerous (but expensive) nik-naks like tampers, cups, knockboxes etc.

I love Sweet Maria's!

No I haven't Jim, but I will keep it in mind in case I do get into it. I have too many vices anyways. My other passions are scuba diving (i'm an insured divemaster) and mountain biking. Well, anything food related is an interest of mine.

Odds and ends from a NYC trip yesterday with some fine fellows.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I have my stones coming to me from Dave thought I needed a knife practice on....something other than my Germans. Perusing eBay I discovered this one, which I won for $61 + shipping. I think it is a Tojiro-DP Sujihiki 10.5 inch. If so...not a bad price, I think, and I'm hoping a good knife to start experimenting with the stones. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl..._nkw=320475795515&_fvi=1&_rdc=1#ht_652wt_1167

Very nice score! I am sure you are going to love it.

Top Bottom