What's new

Merkur 33C v 34C v 38C

I agree with the 34C HD. I have it and it is one of my favorite modern razors. I also have the Edwin Jagger DE89 and I prefer the shave I get from the Merkur. The Merkur is nice and heavy. My DE89 with the Knurled handle is too light in my opinion. I think that handle is hollow. I also think build quality is equal between the two. Go with the 34C HD. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks very much for that info. Why do you prefer the 3 piece instad of a 2 piece. Because it's easier to clean?
Except for the number of pieces, is the 33c head similar to the 34c as in comb, aggressiveness etc. ?

i prefer the 34c over the 33c because its a 2 piece razor easy to load & nibble in size with perfect weight & balance, mild to moderate aggressiveness everyday shave type of razor, the 38c is great but abit too clumbsome for me personally

Right now I am kind of leaning toward a 34c and a 33c. The 34c because it seems to be the worlds most popular razor and I like the idea and versatility of the 33c because of the option to change handle lengths and weight. I will have to wait until after the first of next month when my annuity goes in the bank so I could change my mind again. I'm kind of wish-washy that way. If I bought it today. it would be the 34c and 33c. Thanks for all the ideas. Experience is the
best teacher and I am a newbie again. I've been brainwashed again.

Top Bottom