What's new

May 2016 scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked this stuff up at a thrift shop today.

Attachments

• $DSCF8874.jpg
    $DSCF8874.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 266
  • $DSCF8875.jpg
    $DSCF8875.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 274
What the heck is that? An oc shavette?
It's a Weck hair shaper. I think they are mostly used for women's hair cuts, but without the guard it is a shavette. They also made the Sextoblade that was a little bigger and had a shaving guard.

$IMG_20160504_210001.jpg

My first serious attempt at a mustache.

Almost three weeks in so I ordered some wax to see if it helps keep things presentable.

:letterk1:

$antiques.jpg

I got it all for about $35. There is no damage on any of the stuff besides the barbercide jar looking scratched a bit (its rather old).

$4 for the Old Spice mug.
$20 for the Barbercide jar
$4 for the vintage aftershave container (it even has a flow restricter head)
$4.50 for the 20-pack box of NOS Shelby blades. Unopened.

Awesome find!

I picked up a perfect C1 Super Speed (1957) for $8 on Tues morning at my favorite antique shop.

Wow! What price. Its always worth going to antique stores regularly. They had a late 50's/early 60's Superspeed adjustable for $54 at this antique store I went to earlier. I dont know what they think they had but I wasn't paying that kind of price.

It really is....Are you going to try a few shaves ?...If they were stored properly they may still be good.

I definitely plan on using them. I read that older blades, even if they look nos, don't tend to age well. I hope this isn't the case for these. Im just really still jazzed about the old Spice mug for $4. I specifically went to the store looking for that. :)

I definitely plan on using them. I read that older blades, even if they look nos, don't tend to age well. I hope this isn't the case for these. Im just really still jazzed about the old Spice mug for $4. I specifically went to the store looking for that. :)
I've been looking for an Old Spice mug as well! I guess one day it'll be my turn to find one! Lol

I like the mug and aftershave bottle, very cool finds!

I'm surprised to see the barbicide jar going for that much. I don't know much about them other than the looks, Are they any different now than they were?

You did GREAT. Is this a place you visit often? I'm really jealous but I'm glad it went to a good home. I'm also glad people know there is a market for this stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom