What's new

Martin de Candre Fougere Poll

How many jars of MDC Fougere did you order?

• One.

• Two.

• Three.

• The maximum allowed: four!

• I also added some Fougere Bath Soap to my order.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Et qu'est-ce que t'en penses?

I find that this newly scented soap has the same wonderful performance and qualities as the original scented version. It yields lather, which is stable, creamy, sticky (in a good and measured way), protective and pleasantly fragrant. I finished with Myrsol Agua Balsamica followed by Martin de Candre Huile Végétale Camomille (both of which, in my opinion, go quite well with the new scent of this soap) and the result was typical for Martin de Candre: simply outstanding in terms of closeness, smoothness and moisturization.

This new scent is very pleasant straight from the jar: green, warm and fresh. As others have noted, the citrus itself is hard to discern. The scent coming from the lather was pleasant, but I wouldn't mind if it were a little stronger. My first lather was from the styrofoam cover between the soap and the metal lid; so perhaps lathering directly from the surface of the soap will yield a more fragrant lather next time. I plan to revisit tomorrow.

In any case, I sincerely hope that this product becomes a regular offering and that its scent is not in any way diminished.

Here are my 2 centims.
First, arrival was quicker than my other Mdc order.

i only did a test lather. Same nice lather qualities as plain scented Mdc.
But I was disappointed that the Mdc fougere soap did not have the punch fragrance-wise of their bath soap.

Update....their web page shows the first batch is sold out, the next batch to be available mid-may.
and i did a regular shave. also same good performance as their scented soap; and i still would request a stronger punch to the fougere scent.

Last edited:
The more I use this soap the more I like it. In my opinion, they have hit a home run with the composition of the fragrance. At the same time, however, I wish the fragrance were a little stronger.

Put my order in this morning:

2 Fougere shaving soaps
2 scented shaving soaps(one is a brain bowl)
1 huile de Coprah, camomille and citron

can't wait!

Top Bottom