What's new

March 2017 Theme Shaves

Uh Nope and to coin a phrase from you Chris. That will never happen, It will be hard enough to convince me to take part in a 3017 Ever again, LOL

Just gonna leave this here. Someone posted it today in a Willy thread.

Screenshot_20170216-162029.png

Now I'm not a lawyer, but if I were, I'd ask if "one soap" means one particular puck (or container), or one soap brand? If it's the latter, then Dave is off the hook and can enjoy his SV that week. If it's the first, then he'll just have to "salute the flag and drive on". :001_cool:

Now I'm not a lawyer, but if I were, I'd ask if "one soap" means one particular puck (or container), or one soap brand? If it's the latter, then Dave is off the hook and can enjoy his SV that week. If it's the first, then he'll just have to "salute the flag and drive on". :001_cool:
Well as always for the themes there is no true rules. The themes are up for interpretation. But I do believe that the way the person who recommended it to me meant was... To be one soap for the entire theme. So I guess that means 6 straight shaves. But if someone used 2 different types of Haslinger for example I wouldn't throw a fit.

Roger that, Chad. Just trying to give Dave an "out" if he decides he's not up to just one soap for that week. :lol:

I'm not going to commit to anything more than a show of support. I am learning that I am more of soap free spirit...a rebell really. These theme weeks have meant I have only used 4 maybe 5 different soaps since January 10.

I'm not going to commit to anything more than a show of support. I am learning that I am more of soap free spirit...a rebell really. These theme weeks have meant I have only used 4 maybe 5 different soaps since January 10.
This is meant to be fun not a constraint on your shaves. So if you only do one shave per theme that is totally acceptable.

This is meant to be fun not a constraint on your shaves. So if you only do one shave per theme that is totally acceptable.
It's not ALL bad. I wouldn't have tried MWF if not for the Sheep Wars ...and who doesn't love Proraso?
I am certain I will be able to do at least one shave per theme. Heck, I might even take a good photo of my participation.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Im in. Been playing along since Razorocktober

Artisan Showcase - I think I will use The Holy Black!

British - The Fat, and maybe some TOBS

One Soap - Don Marco. I have a tub of the new lanolin formula, so I want to finish off my original ancient tub of the old formula before I crack open the new one. I have a backup tub of the old formula, but Ill save that one for a rainy day.

Italian - I have dozens of Italian soaps, but I have a couple of new tubs of TFS soaps Ive been diggin this week. They are Italian, so I will pick those for Italian week!

Spring - Maybe do a week of Ozark Mountain. Thats a nice spring scent. It will get me warmed up for some camping!

I'm in

Artisan - L&L Grooming (4days) & B&M (2days)

British - OSP, Nanny's Silly, C&S, MFW etc

One Soap - Catie's Bubbles La Terra Verte

Italian - Cella, Proraso, SV

Spring - SdP Agrume, SS White Sage & Lime, Mike's Orange cedar & BP, CRSW Fougere Moderne, American Barbershop

Last edited:
I've started doing a "soap of the month" routine. My soap for March will be DR Harris Arlington, so that will fit in with your British theme for that part of the month.

Im in. Been playing along since Razorocktober

Artisan Showcase - I think I will use The Holy Black!

Happy to have you join the fun again! Have I asked before but I don't seem to remember. Never heard of The Holy Black before. Looking forward to your showcase

British - OSP, Nanny's Silly, C&S, MFW etc

Totally forgot about Nanny's Silly is English soap. I recently bought some and really like it. I will have to use it!

I was going through my den and making notes of which soaps I am going to use. We are a week away from this starting. Any other players want to play along?

Top Bottom