What's new

Mama Bear's Soaps

Tried to look at the site and had a problem. Is this the site?:

mamabearssoaps.com

I clicked the link and my bit defender blocked the site as being infected.

tried the Magnetism tonite, similar tingle as the barbershoppe on the lips, but fragrance was fresh and pleasant, one I would consider as a regular I think... great lather tonite as well... tons of it, rich and full... could have done 5 passes easily if I chose to... still enough of the sample left to have 2 more shaves with it, maybe more.

Got the Almond. Smelled great, lathered easy. I wanted to like it - but it irritated my skin. PIF'd it.

Yeah this is unfortunately the case with a lot of her soaps. Her Ye Olde Barbershop did the same thing to me. Shame, I love the scent. I have visions of using that soap and then some Floid Blue to finish up.

The site is clean.. not sure why defender did that. I was hacked last fall, but there are no issues now or since just after that time... so scratching my head... Hugs! Sue

Ordered a bunch of shaving soaps from Mama Bear's the other day, can't wait to try the new scents! Thanks Sue!

The site is clean.. not sure why defender did that. I was hacked last fall, but there are no issues now or since just after that time... so scratching my head... Hugs! Sue

Bitdefender uses website blacklists for sites that have been confirmed as hacked/compromised or is spreading malicious files, it's possible they might still have you on their website blacklist or the user might be running old definitions/blacklist files and needs to update. If not then you might need to contact the creators of defender to check if your site is on the list.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=138

Last edited:
Yeah this is unfortunately the case with a lot of her soaps. Her Ye Olde Barbershop did the same thing to me. Shame, I love the scent. I have visions of using that soap and then some Floid Blue to finish up.

If that is the case then it is a shame. I really liked everything about the performance except for the red face. I wrote it off as my somewhat finicky skin; but I just got a PM from the soap that I PIF'd and that guy had a worse reaction than I did. I really like Mama Bear, and her service, it is a shame that her scent did not agree with my biology. I can get some soap free of oils and scent - but that kinda defeats the point. Amiright?

Just got a puck of Ye Olde Barbershoppe as a shave stick from BST. I'm not a shave stick fan so I melted it over a pot of hot water and poured it into a tub. Works a treat! All of the MB soaps I've tried work amazingly and I can't wait to try more!

Last edited:
If that is the case then it is a shame. I really liked everything about the performance except for the red face. I wrote it off as my somewhat finicky skin; but I just got a PM from the soap that I PIF'd and that guy had a worse reaction than I did. I really like Mama Bear, and her service, it is a shame that her scent did not agree with my biology. I can get some soap free of oils and scent - but that kinda defeats the point. Amiright?

Mama Bear has a line of Essential Oil soaps that typically do not irritate as bad as the ones that use Fragrance Oils, which is a large portion of her soaps, and seemingly the most popular ones as well. They are usually more costly as EO's are a natural product and more expensive to produce/obtain. That's not to say you won't still have a reaction to EO's..they're just typically less a culprit than Fragrance Oils.

Last edited:
Here is something that I posted on my facebook page tonight.. after a conversation with a super nice gentleman...

Mama Bears Soaps and Gift Shop
Allergies come in all shapes and sizes.. This is the only part of my business that I don't like.. It breaks my heart to be honest with you..

You may never have this happen to you.. it can happen with any soap unfortunately.. a lot of it is the fragrance tho. I scent strongly.. I do it because that's what most of my customers want. It doesn't help that I am a fragrance junkie myself either..

The fragrance industry is not required to say what they put in their fragrance and that leaves me not knowing what is causing the problem.. but I actually have some customers who can only use the synthetics as the natural essential oils cause a reaction to them.. I never know what might cause a reaction.. but I do know that it happens.

Everyone should do a patch test first on their inner arms before trying ANY cosmetic product.. especially a scented one.

This is also something that is somewhat unique to shaving soaps..but not always probably because 1) the face is more sensitive and 2) you are scraping your face with a blade.. exfoliating in a way. Many customers that have had issues no longer do as they have learned better shave techniques.

I hope that someday there is more information available to us about the allergy issue.. it's a true heartbreaker.. I continue to try and learn more about this.

Last edited:
Here is something that I posted on my facebook page tonight.. after a conversation with a super nice gentleman...

Do you have any less of reaction to the EO line? If it helps narrow anything down - I ONLY have reactions to soap. Never had an issue with creams.

I love your product, and your service, and you in general. ;) I would like to spend some $ with you.

I used the Magnetism sample again last night, as with Ye Olde Barbershoppe, the sting dissipated. seems upon first use I get a little sting then on second or third use it subsides. again though, only really on my lips so when I lather the mustache area I quickly wipe my lip and then it seems fine. tonites shave should finish the magnetism sample and I'll move on to the next in the list, i think the Mysore Sandalwood will be next up though maybe I'll go with something sweeter smelling, who knows, maybe I'll put them all in a paper bag and do it random. all part of the fun

I do have to state again, my wife loves the magnetism fragrance, if my skin 'toughens up' and it gets used to the sting I may add a tub of this to the rotation.

I've only tried the sandalwood & vanilla so far, but I've never had a bad reaction. And I'm usually tossing soaps/creams in the garbage on a regular basis due to bad reactions. Just did it with sir irisch moos. Hated it, kinda liked it, hated it, keep reaching for something else, gave it one more shot - garbage can.

I love this stuff! I had a tiny dibblet of soap left that I melted down (from a sample I have used several times). I melted it and lathered directly on the little bit that was left, and I ended up with enough to shave 3-4 times over, 4 passes each. Not to mention super thick. I absolutely love her stuff and it is the bar I measure all the other soaps/creams against.
Overall, we get good cost, good lather, wonderful scents, and it goes a long way. Can't think of anything I would change. :)

Figured it was something like that with the site being flagged on a list. Not real happy with Bit Defender for multiple reasons. I will definitely be checking out mamabear soaps once I get to a computer to log onto it with.

Top Bottom