What's new

Mama Bear soaps

Is she on B&B? Can someone contact her? I am shocked that she would be closing the shop, her soaps are 2nd to none. My absolute favs!

I really thought this should go under the soaps section. B&B member michiganlover posted under shopping deals section that Mama Bears may be closing shop. Can anyone confirm this? We are wondering if her fb page was possibly hacked.

Sue posted it this morning on Facebook.
Im still new to this but this is very sad to me. She's been so nice and helpful on my orders and makes an incredible product.

Tomorrow will be the site's last day..

Big order tonight.

Wow... I just ordered the Mama Bears Lemon/Rose Soap. I am saddened by this news. I have heard nothing but positive praise about the Mama Bears.

WARHAWK

Was this a new business this year that just didn't develop a good enough level of sales to cover expenses? The first six to 18 months are always the hardest.

(I'm not necessarily addressing you, the OP on the thread. I haven't bought any artisan soaps just yet, although I've considered doing so.)

Hey Ben: I just pulled the trigger on a Mama Bears Lemon/Rose Soap. I have heard nothing but positive praise about the Mama Bears. I hope this is not true and that she will remain in business.

WARHAWK

Wow. This is surprising news.

Kiwi, the shop is not new. Mama Bear has been making great shave soaps for quite some time. Her home burned down and she lost a lot of things, moved, restarted the shop, etc. I thought she was doing well, but I guess not.

I hope she is OK.

I'm still trying to figure out if just the website is gone or the entire store. Hopefully Sue will enlighten us on this. Either way I am sorry to see the site go.

Thats terrible news, the first BBS I ever got was using MB Brute soap. The Aged Spice is great as well, I think I will make an order tonight, Sue makes fantastic soaps.

Sort of weird that she didn't spell "website" correctly or "closed"....

Common spelling errors like that are what I would expect to see if someone was posting while under emotional distress, or while intoxicated. I am not saying that is the case, just tossing out a possible explanation.

I have three MB soaps and they are fantastic, my first BBS was from her Brute soap, its sad news, I hope she is still taking orders, I've been meaning to order some orange orange soap any way.

This is sad news I just got my lemon n rose and dragons blood soaps in the other day they are great. I was looking forward to trying more in the future. Sue was really great to deal with.

Common spelling errors like that are what I would expect to see if someone was posting while under emotional distress, or while intoxicated. I am not saying that is the case, just tossing out a possible explanation.

Or she might just have made some spelling mistakes, nobody is perfect.

I hope that everything is alright. I was just pointing it out because her previous post was very well articulated.

That is sad news. I am still using my Czars Choice from last summer, and working through a bunch of samples I purchased from her.
I really like her soaps, I will have to make an order tonight, just in case it is true.

Top Bottom