What's new

Mail call for Christmas Show 12/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Boys and Girls, and yes it is that time for MAIL CALL. The theme for this one is
Your Christmas Wishes or stories to one and all, , and if you desire your letter to Santa Clause, as well as any questions or topics you would like us to cover on the show.

We will read as many as we can in the time allotted. Thanks once again for your support of B&B Radio and the tremendous response on the Mail call Segment.

Merry Christmas to everyone at B & B. It is truly the best online community I've been a part of, real friends and brothers. The suggestions, the camaraderie, the generosity, the offers to help, and to help you learn, and to everyone in the straight razor forum and those that made the pass around possible as well as a success.

I want to wish a happy holiday season to our military serving actively . We are thinking about you and appreciate your service .

Dear Santa,

The world is a very large place and with billions of people. It is likely that ten percent of the population are traditional wet shavers. Each wet shaver is unique and probably wishes for the hard to find and very rare soap, aftershave, razor, or brush. How are you able to find all of these scarce items for all the well behaved wet shavers out there?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Christmas from a few years ago. See what my young niece and nephew got me, especially on the left.:tongue_sm
proxy.php

Today we took my 7yr old daughter to get pictures with Santa. As is usually the case in my world, it wasn't your normal kind of event.
First off it's important to know my little one is a very smart cookie but she still "believes" in the magic of Santa. She still remembers fondly the visit to see Santa last year ...at the local Tilted Kilt. I will admit the Santa was phenomenal and they allowed each kid to make crafts and cookies in the patio. The elves were Kilt girls and were quite attentive to my daughter. The whole experience was quite magical for my daughter.
Although a visit to Tilted Kilt isn't the ideal place to visit Santa, it really was a great event. Sadly they did not offer a similar event this year so we had to look long and hard for a place we could deliver gifts and get a nice Santa photo. After searching Facebook my wife found a place ...complete with a Santa and an opportunity for my daughter to hand deliver her gifts. The catch? It was a semi-private part whose attendees were asked to bring a side dish and stick around to enjoy a buffet. Oh yeah, one more thing... the place is a cowboy/biker BAR called Cadillac Ranch. A quick email last night to confirm whether kids were allowed revealed that NO kids are allowed in the bar BUT they would arrange for Santa and his elves to come out for special pictures. That worked for us so we set out to visit Santa today at 4pm. My daughter was super excited and couldn't wait to deliver her presents.
Sooo, just before 4 we arrive to the bar and I go inside to ask for the lady who had made the promised arrangements. While I fit in fine, this bar isn't a place I frequent so it took a few minutes to find the nice lady. After a short conversation she told me to go get my daughter and bring her inside, she no longer felt the need to exclude our little one from the bar. As I headed out to the van to get everyone the nice lady went to get Santa. Honestly I wondered what kind of Santa would be presented ...would it be Barney from the Simpsons or a jolly old department store Santa. When we re-entered the bar my daughter was greated by a jolly old Santa, 3 very attractive elves and EVERYONE in the bar. The fact that SHE was the sole focus of everyone's attention caused a brief bout of shyness and tears which ended when an elf relieved her if her presents and Santa bent down to pick her up. Still feeling a but shy she snugged in. I leaned in to let her know it was ok (no booze on Santa's breath...[emoji106]) then a nice elf scooped her up. We set down for a photo at the bar while the nice lady we spoke with ran next door to make ready the location they had previously used for organized Santa photo's. After a few bar shots we headed over to the other location. As we did Santa, the elves and several patrons joined the parade. Did I mention, the "other place" was an adjoining retail store owned by the bar ...a place that sells "sexy biker wear"...
Thankfully all the aforementioned biker wear had been pushed far aside providing a clear path to the Santa throne complete with trees and props. It only took 5 or 10 minutes total but my daughter now has a lifetime of memories. Before we left she and two of the elves had formed quite the connection and she felt like Santa had come to visit her special. One of the elves even told my daughter they were 4 presents short and the four my daughter had brought meant they had all the toys they needed.
As we drove away I turned to my wife and asked if she noticed a theme developing. I wondered if last year's visit to Tilted Kilt and today's visit to a cowboy/biker bar and adjoining "clothing" store might have planted the seed for a very unhealthy relationship with Santa in the future.

In my defense, this particular bar is always doing some sort of special event or fundraiser for local families in need. and just yesterday the same Santa and elves took 147 kids shopping for Christmas. This isn't just any old bar. I'm sure they made a positive impact on my daughter. I just hope the story she tells at school leaves out the details.

Also as an added Bonus Feel Free to Place your Elf on the Shelf PHOTOS in here as well [MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION], [MENTION=105872]majorrich[/MENTION] to share on Christmas Eve

I have a few, this is the one with the happiest face..... but none are as scary as yours. Yours looks like Lady Elaine from Mr Rogers Neighborhood!
ROFL, John Posted that exact thing in my Shave Journal today, AHAHAHHAHA. It is from the early 50's so I am sure it was made in Europe as my parents met and got married in Munich and they brought back a ton of the Austrian Christmas stuff, and I think these were with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom