What's new

Mail Call for 2.6.2017 Episode - Submissions Please

Greetings
the Next mail call will be "open lines" and ask the host.
Dovetailing off of Don's Popular thread in the contributor forum.

So any comment, any question, serious or comedic you set the narrative.

Just post them here

What do you want to discuss???

Have fun

I'm not sure why no-one has posted here yet, but I'll start it off.

Everyone here at B&B has gotten involved in traditional wet shaving for various reasons, but for many of us here, it has taken on a much different role in our lives than originally intended. Take me for example. I got into wet shaving because SWMBO does not like facial hair at all. She despises it. So, I figured I would shave in a manner that was better for my skin than the canned goop and cartrige razors readily available in the big box stores. It's since evolved from this into a hobby all its own, thanks to a combination of my compulsive need to acquire things as well as the wonderfully supportive group here on B&B. I couldn't have envisioned this when starting out, as it is such a niche hobby, and one that very few people realize is out there.

How did everyone else get into this wonderful hobby, and how has it changed from why you orginally started traditional wet shaving?

I'm not sure why no-one has posted here yet, but I'll start it off.

Everyone here at B&B has gotten involved in traditional wet shaving for various reasons, but for many of us here, it has taken on a much different role in our lives than originally intended. Take me for example. I got into wet shaving because SWMBO does not like facial hair at all. She despises it. So, I figured I would shave in a manner that was better for my skin than the canned goop and cartridge razors readily available in the big box stores. It's since evolved from this into a hobby all its own, thanks to a combination of my compulsive need to acquire things as well as the wonderfully supportive group here on B&B. I couldn't have envisioned this when starting out, as it is such a niche hobby, and one that very few people realize is out there.

How did everyone else get into this wonderful hobby, and how has it changed from why you originally started traditional wet shaving?

My reason is very similar to you. I grew a beard for awhile. Did the Mutton Chops, and did the goatee. My wife did not like kissing me with a beard and she said it didn't look good on me. A friend at work actually used a DE but was never involved like we are here. I knew that if I was going to shave more regularly I wanted a cheaper option (HA HA HA), and I needed to find a solution for all of the neck irritation. I would seriously push a fusion cartridge for about 3-4 months because of how expensive they are, and just left that thing in the shower (looking back that is really gross and probably why I had so much irritation). I finally started doing some googling and found B&B and instantly fell in love. My wife much prefers the clean shaven look and she even gets after me if I skip a day. I know she wishes that it didn't turn into a hobby like it has, but she reads on B&B occasionally, she has a DE and Schick injector and a few soaps from Stirling, one from Soap Commander, and one from B&M she likes this style of shaving also. She now understands that B&B is different and actually asks about some of the Journal regulars.

My question to Dave would be who's the man behind the Mic? Give us a little background on you? I personally love the interviews of other members and vendors; and yes, you and I talk off of B&B but I am sure others would love to hear a little more about the man behind the mic.

Last edited:
My question to Dave would be who's the man behind the Mic? Give us a little background on you? I personally love the interviews of other members and vendors; and yes, you and I talk off of B&B but I am sure others would love to hear a little more about the man behind the mic.

Great question, Chad.

My questions for Dave are these: "Dave, I've learned a lot about razors and soaps from your journal. Partly due to your excellent commentary, but mostly the vast collection of soaps, razors, brushes, AS's and EdTs. Have you a) thought about charging for admittance to see your majestic shave den? or b) added a murphy bed so I can just move in?"

Thanks for all the Mail Call submissions for this episode - LAST CALL. Will close up the Mail bag today at 5:00 pm MST

Top Bottom