What's new

"MAIL CALL" for 1/23/2017 Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't consider myself a collector of anything, in fact, until I got into shooting sporting clays and trap 4 or 5 years ago I didn't exactly have a real hobby. Then of course came B&B and the Vintage DE's, soaps and straights. But if you ask my wife she will tell you I am a pack rat and that I keep or collect all sorts of crap. The thing I think she might say I am best at collecting DUST.

Nice [MENTION=87630]cvargo[/MENTION]
I've threatened on more than one occasion to jump into numismatics, but I've never made the leap.

I got called into work last night and had to work today. I've taken some quick pictures. Once I get them edited I'll post my other two AD's, well they were, they've kinda went dormant due to lack of disposable income. :wink2:

Well the picture quality isn't what I had hoped to do, but as a previous poster said I just didn't want to break out the DSLR. I think you will get the idea though.

1st the background of how I got into these two AD's.
About 17 years ago I needed a new pocket knife, long story short I wound up with a Benchmade that I got a super deal on. This lead to me researching them on the internet and visiting 3 authorized dealers in my area. One of them showed me a Limited Edition 941BC RED numbered limited edition 371 of 500. I fell in love with the shape and feel of this knife instantly and wound up buying it. He did not have a regular production version in stock but I found one soon after and it is still my EDC to this day. This started me collecting Benchmade Knives, I have about 2 dozen or so of them. I then swapped to Case knives mainly and also a few others. I have over 300 knives in my collection, I think, I quit counting at 200. :win

The Red one is the 941BC that started it all. All but the one on the far right are Numbered Limited Editions of 500 or less. The two on the end are Infidels OTF's (Out The Front) with the 2nd from the right being a Gold Class with Damascus Blade #19 of 50 if I'm remembering correctly.
$DSC02552.jpg

All of these knives with the exception of the Brass Benchmade, I think the only brass and wood one benchmade ever made. It is a Numbered Limited Edition, and the Rainbow Leek Kershaw, are automatic knives aka switchblades. The top red and blue on the left and the top 3 on the right are Benchmades Numbered Limited Editions. There were only 25 of each of these made. All of the OTF's on the bottom are Microtechs.
$DSC02530.jpg

The knife on the top is a AB Italian made with Damascus blade with stag handles, that most refer to as a Stiletto which is actually not correct. It is a functional switch blade and is about 16 inches long opened. The Fixed blade on the Right has Oil quench Damascus Blade forged by the maker and an Oosick Handle and he also made the sheath. The knife maker of the other fixed blade makes his own sheaths too. Both of these are hand made knifes.
The knife on the bottom has a story that I will not go into here, but it is a one of a kind custom hand made knife by Mike "Whiskers" Allen. I commissioned this knife, meaning it was made to my specifications. I actually picked out the Chad Nichols Whoops Damascus for the blade and the Abalone For the handles, chose the pattern of the knife and the scroll and file work. No guarantee he never made another, but being hand made and dated it is one of a kind and the 1st one made. It is a scale release auto, which he holds the patent too.
$DSC02525.jpg

Case 1989 Rainbow Damascus Trapper Set 1 of 500 made.
$DSC02533.jpg

All of these are Case Trappers, which is the main pattern that I collected. Most of these are either Selects or Stag handles. One of the Mini Trappers is a Mammoth Ivory handle.
$DSC02547.jpg

These knives are a complete set of the 1st 2 releases of the Case XX Select series. The Red set was released in 1998 and the multi colored in 1999. The box was offered in the 2nd year to Case Collectors Club members only and only 250 were made.
$DSC_1229.jpg
$DSC02538.jpg
$DSC02545.jpg

The top section are all Cheetahs and Cheetah Cubs.
The bottom section are mostly Case Exotics.
$DSC02548.jpg

A couple of Case Limited Edition Complete sets.
The 3 knives on the bottom left of the top section need a little intro. The two bottom knives started out as a Yellow Handle Case Trapper (3rd from the bottom). Michael Platter aka Painted Pony takes these knives and turns them into knives like these. There are also 3 other random knives in this folder.
$DSC02551.jpg

This concludes the knife portion of my AD's. Of course as you guessed this in only a small sample of my collection.

As I said above there were 3 authorized Benchmade dealers in my area. One of them was a Gun Store. Need I say more?
I consider myself a gun accumulator not a collector, I know a few collectors and I'm no were even near their level.

This is a few of my Hand Guns. I also have rifles and shot guns.

Top to bottom left to right
Springfield 1911 45 auto
Glock 21 45 auto
Smith and Wesson Sigma 40 cal.
Taurus PT 92 AF 9mm
Ruger P89 DC 9mm
This is the gun that started the gun accumulation.

$DSC02559.jpg

Top to bottom
Smith and Wesson 500
Smith and Wesson 460
Smith and Wesson 629 44 mag

$DSC02554.jpg

Top to Bottom
Ruger Mark II Slab Side Bull Barrel
Ruger Mark III Fluted Barrel
Taurus 1911 45 auto

$DSC02563.jpg

This concludes my AD post.

I forgot this picture! The top 4 knives are William Henry's The top one is a Numbered Limited Edition only 100 made. Mammoth Tooth scales and Damascus Blade. The next one has been converted to an auto. The 4th one is #1 of 500 Copper Weave Damascus blade gold lip mother of pearl handle and Mokume frame. Long story about that knife too. The next knife is a hand made knife with Mosaic Damascus Scale and Blade.
The last one is a Protech Godfather auto. Damascus Blade, Abalone scales, and Stainless Steel body. 1 of 3 made.

$DSC02532.jpg

Not fair! That's cool man stuff...makes my dust collection look pathetic. I think every boy/young man/man is attracted to knives and guns at some point in life.

Not fair! That's cool man stuff...makes my dust collection look pathetic. I think every boy/young man/man is attracted to knives and guns at some point in life.

Thanks! The bad thing about collecting knives is that you can't use them. All of my knives are New In Box. Never carried or sharpened. If you sharpen or put a knife in your pocket you just cut the valve in half. Guns are more fun because you can shoot them and it doesn't really effect the valve much.

I've got a good collection of Case knives, a few numbered trappers, and though I really like knives that collection was inherited from my dad.

Thanks for posting those [MENTION=106317]clyde72[/MENTION] because now I can show my wife I don't have a knife collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom