What's new

"MAIL CALL" for 1/23/2017 Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Mail Call theme for the upcoming show is brought to us by [MENTION=57788]RedsFan75[/MENTION]

We all know that the Acquisition Disorders are a mainstay of our little lifestyle here.
That being said, I would venture to say that we all have other AD's as well.

So..... share yours! mundane, or extravagant.

What are your other AD's outside Traditional shaving?

As always, any other questions and or comments or questions are welcome, and we will attempt to get as many as we can on the air.

This should be fun!!!

Outside of shaving, I think my two biggest AD's are Thermos' and travel mugs. I have no idea where that comes from?
One other thing, I can't help but every time I'm in an antique market or something, I dig so deep and spend so much time trying to find any little knick knack or trinket, bar of soap, any little tiny thing that would just sort of 'lay around the house' in the later 40's, maybe into the 50's.

$IMG_20170116_171602.jpg

Since I caused this one suppose I should comment. :D

For me it's bass guitars. When I was young I had one, but stopped playing for a while. When I picked it back up I tried to make up for lost time. Intervention by the wife and I'm down to 4 right now, but my highest count was 63. Acoustic, electric, vintage, new, fretted and fretless had to have them all, but the wife and progressive arthritis in my hands, and spine has the number cut down.

Since I caused this one suppose I should comment. :D

For me it's bass guitars. When I was young I had one, but stopped playing for a while. When I picked it back up I tried to make up for lost time. Intervention by the wife and I'm down to 4 right now, but my highest count was 63. Acoustic, electric, vintage, new, fretted and fretless had to have them all, but the wife and progressive arthritis in my hands, and spine has the number cut down.

Awesome, any pics??? Bass Playing has really evolved with the likes of Stinnet and some other who have brought it out from the Riser to the front of the band.

I have two real AD's.... well ok 3 outside shaving... I will speak to those on the show, LOL

I'm into numismatics, thanks to my late grandfather it's a way to connect to the past.

Some of my favorites all US currency:
Three cent piece
Half cent pennies
Civil War tokens

Also really like nickels for some reason every time I'm at a coin show I always buy nickels. I have a 1950 D MS 67 graded by NGC that my grandpa left me I think that's what started it.

I used to have a trad clothing AD but then shaving related ADs took its place.

I still appreciate the clothing but not obsessed with chasing everything down anymore.

I have an AD for beautiful, caring SWMBOs. Just managed to pick up the one so far :lol:

Ok Sam.... what did you buy???, LOL

I'm into numismatics, thanks to my late grandfather it's a way to connect to the past.

Some of my favorites all US currency:
Three cent piece
Half cent pennies
Civil War tokens

Also really like nickels for some reason every time I'm at a coin show I always buy nickels. I have a 1950 D MS 67 graded by NGC that my grandpa left me I think that's what started it.

PICS???

I used to have a trad clothing AD but then shaving related ADs took its place.

I still appreciate the clothing but not obsessed with chasing everything down anymore.

Nice Tom any pics of the Haberdashery???

Thanks Guys good content!!

Awesome, any pics??? Bass Playing has really evolved with the likes of Stinnet and some other who have brought it out from the Riser to the front of the band.

I have two real AD's.... well ok 3 outside shaving... I will speak to those on the show, LOL

Pics... yes far too many to overload your thread with. :)

Here are a couple of my favorites.
Lakland 55-02 (pronounced Lake-land) and a parts bass I built as a Fender tribute. It's a replica of a '75 Precision to match my first one.
$DSCN0413.jpg
And my grandson with my Ashbory. Silicon strings, big double bass/upright sound
$DSCN0001.jpg
Every time he visits now he wants to play "his" bass. :D

Pics... yes far too many to overload your thread with. :)

Here are a couple of my favorites.
Lakland 55-02 (pronounced Lake-land) and a parts bass I built as a Fender tribute. It's a replica of a '75 Precision to match my first one.
View attachment 717281
And my grandson with my Ashbory. Silicon strings, big double bass/upright sound
View attachment 717282
Every time he visits now he wants to play "his" bass. :D

those are perfect, just something to go along with the segment for the show, Thanks

When do you need pics by? My collection is not displayed. But I will try and get some pics for the show.

Friday or Saturday, and just one of two is fine

I googled myself in another forum and here are some pics I pulled up.

Perfect!

Thanks guys!

[MENTION=89999]skypsyd[/MENTION] hopefully they are not late.

First 2 coins that have meaning to me. A Silver dollar from my birth year in Mint State. And a Utah state quarter in Proof

proxy.php

Next is one of the rarest nickels a 1950 D with an error from the mint on the reverse it's in great condition and as mentioned nickels are a weak spot of mine

proxy.php
proxy.php

Next is a 3 cent piece that we used to make because stamps cost 3 cents. Beautiful coin from 1866

proxy.php
proxy.php

Next is an old penny! Who knew that pennies used to be larger than dollar coins? From 1838

proxy.php

Last is a civil war token they issued these to union soldiers as way of payment that they could use while out in the field. Some would say bread on them, or other items they could buy. This one states Army and Navy so it could be used at there forms of a commissary. This is not currency technically so it is a token. Railroads would issue tokens to as a way to pay employees. It's a neat part of history.

proxy.php

Just imagine a soldier or sailor was given this and probably used it as a way to buy cigarettes or maybe even send a letter to a loved one.

I have a large collection but those are some that I have on hand that are currently not in deposit boxes. Numismatics can be very expensive but it's what I did with my grandpa and I just love the history aspect of these coins. I hope to pass this collection on to my kids or even grandkids.

Sorry for picture quality I didn't feel like setting up my DSLR camera to take better photos so hope it's good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom