What's new

Lot of Double Rings recently auctioned off on the bay

Years ago I had the whole shebang from 1903 pat appld to 1905, and all of the cases, NY, Chicago, and Boston. Also had a cased 1906 single ring. Sold them to a fellow in Arizona who made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Nice set!
Was it a monetary offer or a sleeping/fishes offer? ;)

Nice set!
Was it a monetary offer or a sleeping/fishes offer? ;)
LOL ! It was the almighty dollar. I was on a mission to get all of the dates from 1903 through '06. The hardest to get, at that time, was the Boston ribbon box, and the 1906 boxed single ring.(not shown) Once I had them and the 'newness' wore off, you might say the thrill was gone. So it was on to the next and I needed the $ to fund whatever that was. Can't remember offhand.

Wow, how long did it take you to find all those and were any found in the wild?
All ebay listings. Probably a year or more to accumulate what you see. I began with a NY '05 IIRC. Then I ran up on a Chicago. After that it was trying to score a Boston case. I got that from a guy in Canada but the handle had a crack in the tube. That is the odd razor in the photo that is not in a case. Then I had to get the '03 & '04. Progressive disease isn't it ? :001_rolle

All ebay listings. Probably a year or more to accumulate what you see. I began with a NY '05 IIRC. Then I ran up on a Chicago. After that it was trying to score a Boston case. I got that from a guy in Canada but the handle had a crack in the tube. That is the odd razor in the photo that is not in a case. Then I had to get the '03 & '04. Progressive disease isn't it ? :001_rolle
It really really is.

Top Bottom