What's new

Looking for fellow Canadians

I just visited Starsky's today. They had more shaving products than Denningers.
I saw a couple of different versions of Brutal (both Classic and grand), Hattric, Wars products, and a "red" and "green" Miraculem, plus more which I have forgotten. Need a camera next time.

Those are all new names to me.
dave

dave

It was the store on Dundas, just west of Winston Churchill.

They have many test bottles, I tried a few which did not appeal to me. I like the two Brutal scents (Grand and Classic).

i saw Hattric when I was in Germany and Austria, but have not sampled it. Worth a visit to give the sample bottles a try.

I just visited Starsky's today. They had more shaving products than Denningers.
I saw a couple of different versions of Brutal (both Classic and grand), Hattric, Wars products, and a "red" and "green" Miraculem, plus more which I have forgotten. Need a camera next time.

The Starsky's in Hamilton never has the Wars aftershave. There is a price marked on the shelf where it should be, but it is always sold out. They have the cologne, and I like the scent so I'd like to try the AS.

It's been a while since I was in Starsky's. Maybe I'll stop in on my way home, I know my Viking cream is running low anyway (like I need an excuse :wink:)

imcndn

dave

Both are European food market type stores. Denninger's you'll find in a few locations around the city. The biggest location is on Upper James between the Linc and Stone Church. Denninger's carries some Tabac products and 4711 cologne.

Starsky's in Hamilton is at the corner of Queenston and Nash. Starsky's carries some colognes/aftershaves of various brands. The Brutal brand is nice (only one I've tried so far). They also carry a couple different creams: Prorasso Green, Viking Sensitive Skin, maybe a couple more.

Overall Starsky's has the better shave selection. As European markets both stores are great. Both have large selections of meats/cheeses and grocery products. Denninger's has a lunch counter that is supposed to be very good (I haven't been in a while).

Oh, and Starsky's is one of the stores in Hamilton that can sell beer :thumbup1:

imcndn

Perhaps we can have a meeting of the Golden Horseshoe B&B members at one of the Starsky outlets, have a nice deli meal and review our favourite products.

Halifax here, I don't think that there's anything around here, I've pretty much resigned myself to buying everything online.

Halifax here, I don't think that there's anything around here, I've pretty much resigned myself to buying everything online.

I've had good luck finding some software in barber shops, especially the ones located in malls. Also in the mall you'll often find stores that carry some supplies:
L'Occitane - Cade, Plisson synthetic brush
The Body Shop - Maca Root Shave Cream and after shave, synthetic brush
Shoppers - Proraso, Real Shaving Company

We definitely don't have the selection they do in the US, but there is some stuff to be found.

imcndn

I am in Toronto. New to Ontario, plan on checking out do e of the shops in Mississauga, as they are near my work.

I am in Toronto as well. Check out Mens Essentials on Danforth near Broadview - great selection of shaving gear!

+1 on Men's Essentials, a great shop, and an opportunity to see how some of scents really are. I found Strope Shop to have a very faint scent for example.

There are the two Starsky outlets on Dundas for some nice East European products.

Checking in from the GTA. West end. I have yet to check ME's but I order my supplies from Fendrihans. They ship out of Oakville and delivery is fast.

Checking in from the GTA. West end. I have yet to check ME's but I order my supplies from Fendrihans. They ship out of Oakville and delivery is fast.

I've never tried Fendrihans but I've heard good things. Once I get through the two pass around boxes I was thinking of doing a PIF. Getting rid of some stuff would be a great excuse to buy more! I just might give Fendrihans a try.

imcndn

Hi Redneckwannabe. I am in Calgary, but found a store in Market Mall down here (Cadillac Fairview mall) called House of Knives. They had a pretty good selection of brushes, DE, straights, small selection of blades (expensive), and TOBS and Prossario(?) creams ad soaps. Maybe one of your malls has something the same. Or come down and shop here in Cowtown. We need the money. JK

Went to men's essentials on danforth ave today for first time. Nice store great selection of products. Friendly staff. Prices were competitive. Picked up some speick products and some dr Harris stuff. Nice to have a place we can see and hold products before buying. I plan to go back in future.

Hi Redneckwannabe. I am in Calgary, but found a store in Market Mall down here (Cadillac Fairview mall) called House of Knives. They had a pretty good selection of brushes, DE, straights, small selection of blades (expensive), and TOBS and Prossario(?) creams ad soaps. Maybe one of your malls has something the same. Or come down and shop here in Cowtown. We need the money. JK

Good to know - thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom