What's new

Looking for A New Hair Tonic

I have been using Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic and love it. I am not looking to replace it but maybe try something different.

I've used the Jeris and I like the scent but the hold is not as sting as I would like. I have a bottle of Vitalis but I'm not too keen on the scent.

Are there any other tonics that you gents would recommend?

Thanks

eezee

I have been using Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic and love it. I am not looking to replace it but maybe try something different.

I've used the Jeris and I like the scent but the hold is not as sting as I would like. I have a bottle of Vitalis but I'm not too keen on the scent.

Are there any other tonics that you gents would recommend?

Thanks

eezee
Jeris is made both with and without oil. The version "with" oil can give much more control.

Wildroot is another tonic with lots of control. I'd go slow with it at first.

Vitalis doesn't have much control unless you let it build up. The scent fades rather quickly, though.

Tres Flores is another tonic with lots of mineral oil so it can be pretty heavy-controlling if a lot is used.

Those are about the four most common tonics in the U.S. and are pretty easy to find. Good luck!

Master hair tonic also comes in a with or without oil formula. Never tried the with oil, but without is good and offers slightly more hold than Jeri's.

Best I ever used was Aqua Velva hair tonic. If you can find a vintage bottle, it's well worth it.

I also like Lucky Tiger and prefer it to Jerris. Another tonic that I like is TOBS #74 which might be worth a try. (Lucky Tiger is my favorite tonic!)

DR Harris Hair Tonic with oil is the best I have used. The bay rum scent. It does come without oil also. It is spendy, and the best price I found was at smallflower.com (Merz Apothecary Chicago). They have the bigger bottle for a great price.

The Pashana tonics w/out oil are very nice as well. Particularly for the scents. Locate Blue Orchid if you can. Scent is fantastic.

I recently got started using Dapper Dan aka Don Draper.
Non-oily and a good scent which lasts all day.
My hair is rather long and unruly but it does keep it more in place.

I also want to try the Clubman Eau de Quinine. Nice scent.

How is the Lucky Tiger scent compared to their Bay Rum AS? The Bay rum is a bit too musky for me.

If you can find it, Vaseline hair tonic.its oil based but smells quite like oranges. No hold at all but use with a small amount of water based hair creme or pomade and your good to go

Top Bottom