What's new

Longtime registered lurker, coming out of the shadows

Hello all. I registered about 3 1/2 years ago but haven't posted much until I re-surfaced today, so I thought I should step in here with a how-do-you-do.

I electric shaved for my first shaving years. The dryness and irritation drove me to the Sensor Excel for in the mid 90's, until I tired of the expense of cartridges. I was drawn to the permanence, workmanship, and family provenance of my granddad's 1966 Super Speed, which I'd had for some time, so I started using it somewhere around early 2013, and haven't looked back.

I've been lucky to grow a decent collection of varied razors (mostly Gillettes with a Treet baton and a couple of Injectors) inherited from family and family friends. When I'm able to take some new pictures, I'll post some shots of the den. I'm more of a functional shaver than a hobbyist, but I do dabble. I guess I'm a minimalist at heart, despite the fact that my stable has grown to about 15 razors and a handful of brushes and soaps. ;-)

So that's me. Howdy!

- Joey

Welcome, Joey. Wonderful to hear of your vintage family collection. I envy that in a very positive way. Sure wish I had the WW2 Gillette my grandfather used once a week 70 odd years ago. Congrats, and let us know how your shaves go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Welcome, Joey. Wonderful to hear of your vintage family collection. I envy that in a very positive way. Sure wish I had the WW2 Gillette my grandfather used once a week 70 odd years ago. Congrats, and let us know how your shaves go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Thanks, and it's funny you should mention that. My dad can't find the razor he used when in the Army in Vietnam, but by his description it must have been a Slim. If we ever turn it up, it would be my personal holy grail. I have razors from grandfathers and great-grandfathers, but none from him. In addition, the Slim is one of the Gillettes I don't already own.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Hello all. I registered about 3 1/2 years ago but haven't posted much until I re-surfaced today, so I thought I should step in here with a how-do-you-do.

I electric shaved for my first shaving years. The dryness and irritation drove me to the Sensor Excel for in the mid 90's, until I tired of the expense of cartridges. I was drawn to the permanence, workmanship, and family provenance of my granddad's 1966 Super Speed, which I'd had for some time, so I started using it somewhere around early 2013, and haven't looked back.

I've been lucky to grow a decent collection of varied razors (mostly Gillettes with a Treet baton and a couple of Injectors) inherited from family and family friends. When I'm able to take some new pictures, I'll post some shots of the den. I'm more of a functional shaver than a hobbyist, but I do dabble. I guess I'm a minimalist at heart, despite the fact that my stable has grown to about 15 razors and a handful of brushes and soaps. ;-)

So that's me. Howdy!

- Joey
Welcome aboard Joey, enjoy your shaves

Hello and welcome, Joey. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Top Bottom