What's new

Long lasting lime or citrus scents

I'm looking to try a long lasting lime scent. as the 4711 and Trumpers limes I have tried just seem to be gone in a breeze. Does such a thing as long lasting citrus/lime cologne exist

SCS Bay Rum with a twist is a strong lime with some great lasting power.

+1 I just picked up some of this last week and have been pretty impressed so far. IMHO, it doesn't really smell anything like Bay Rum, but the lime scent is clean and mellow. One spray on your chest will last all day and, for me anyway, into the next.

IMHO, it doesn't really smell anything like Bay Rum, but the lime scent is clean and mellow.

I thought this way as well until I picked up a bottle on her plain bay rum. Now I can smell the bay rum in the twisted one. It comes down to every bay rum I have tried being wildly different. It's there but is just different than you are expecting.

Acqua di Parma colonia (or the Assoluta, which isn't my cup 'o tea)
Roger et Gallet Citron/Cédrat cologne. Lasts and lasts. Excellent, light and fresh scent, ideal for summer mornings.

I own acqua di parma colonia already, I was looking for more of a single note citrus cologne, even thought I love my Aqcqua Di Parma and wear it on special occasions

Richie - I think Austin's suggestion of Taylor's Victorian Lime is the best advice you will find. Plus its less than $30 a bottle so its on the less expensive side of colognes as well.

Hermes Concentre de Orange is wonderful if you like oranges. You can't get any better unless you come down here to florida and squeeze one all over yourself, but that can be sticky and lead to an ant attack. I probably spelled the name wrong but the wife is sleeping and I don't want to risk waking a sleeping dragon to go an eyeball the bottle! Well, it's not that bad, but you guys know what I'm saying...:001_smile

I have, and like Taylor Victorian Limes, and it sticks around -- for me, however, it's the fuschia notes that stick around, not the lime notes. I end up smelling like my grandmother at the end of the day. I like my grandmother and all, but if I'm wearing the Victorian, I'll usually layer it with something else - Bay Rum, maybe.

However, a big +1 for GFT. That is one very nice citrus scent that does last. Also, if you haven't tried it, Portugal from Trumper is pretty citrusy (maybe more grapefruit than lime, though) that lasts pretty well. Not as long as GFT though.

Top Bottom