Locally in the UK?

Discussion in 'Aftershaves' started by ironfist, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Any decent one you can get locally in the UK?

I see alot mentioned on here which are from the US :(

2. Boots freshwood is tolerable, and you might be able to find 4711. I will let someone else suggest scotch.

3. The 4711 seems alright, thanks man :D Still open to other suggestions =]

4. The boots freshwood balm is far and away the best balm i've ever used. Never tried any of their aftershaves though.

5. I'll need to head into boots tomorrow for a further look :D

6. Check out Connaught Shaving. They carry great stuff. I like DR Harris milk products and Sandalwood splash.

7. StuMcB

StuMcB Contributor

Lets not forget that M&S have Woodspice, nice a warm SWMBO loves it.

8. In shops I regularly see Old Spice, Tabac, Brut, Boots own brand, Jovan Musk, a couple of Gillette ones - generally in Boots, Superdrug, supermarkets, smaller pharmacies, "bargain" stores.

Some international stores often have interesting things too - a local Turkish one has several varieties of Arko splash and Lemon cologne, and an Indian one has a couple of varieties of Brut.

9. Had no luck yet hehe :) I'm 22 is the ones mentioned alright? In no way being offensive just don't wanna smell old if you know what I mean

10. StuMcB

StuMcB Contributor

Well I've been to Sainsbury, Tesco, Morrisons, Asda, Boots, Pound Land, The Range, Indipendant Chemists, here in my town and none of them carry any Gillette products other than the current super multi blade stuff. I was after some AS but nada, nowt, nothing, zero, zip. Not even the Gillette balm or gel. So still on the look out for a cheaper fresh / cooling scent.

11. Another vote for the Boots Freshwood. I use the balm and splash in conjunction with each other. The scent is great, you'll have to try it for yourself. It is kinda a spicy/woody scent. I will keep a supply of Freshwood Balm & Splash in stock forever.

12. Surprisingly i used that combo tonight! Got the AS earlier as i had the balm, very nice smell :)

13. Does the Boots AS contain any soothing/astringent ingredients (eg menthol, glycerin, witch hazel, alum), or it it basically just alcohol and fragrance?

14. I'll try to post up the ingredients of both the Balm and Splash tomorrow. The balm certainly is very soothing.

15. Boots Freshwood Aftershave contains : Aqua, alcohol denat, glycerin, parfum, PEG-40, hydrogenated castor oil, dipropylene glycol, eugenol, limonene, linalool, cl 15510, cl 19140.

Boots Freshwood Aftershave Balm contains : aqua, glycerin, paraffinum liquidum, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetyl alcohol, prunus dulcis, petrolatum, glyceryl stearate, dimethicone, PEG-100 stearate, phenoxyethanol, parfum, dipropylene glycol, methylparaben, panthenol, allantoin, propylparaben, carbomer, tetrasodium EDTA, potassium hydroxide, eugenol, linalool, BHT.

Directly from bottles, im tired and their long words haha :D Both good products, funnily enough the bay rum, was sold out after having a full shelf last week.

16. Brilliant, thanks. I've walked past it plenty of times and not picked it up - at the price, I really should try a bottle.

17. No problem :) its great stuff for the price, using the balm my redness has practically diminished :)