What's new

Lilac Vegetal discontinued.

There are several stores in my area that sell Pinaud Clubman. Several months ago, I came across the Pinaud Lilac Vegetal in the shaving section of Bed, Bath and Beyond. They were the only local store that carried it, so I picked up a 12 oz bottle. It is not my favorite scent, but it is good enough to be included it in my rotation. The bottle should last me the rest of my life (I am retired).

If you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond nearby, check out their shaving section. You might find something you can add to your collection. If they do not have LV, there are still some online sources, at least until supplies run out.

Stores would rather stock their shelves with products that sell for several times the cost of LV. Because LV has been on the market since 1880, it may be considered as an old man fragrance. As an OM, I can still remember the smell of LV from the barbershops of my youth.

There are several scents I remember from the barber shops of my youth in the 1960's. One is the smell of "stickum" that was used to make the front hairs of crew cuts stand up. It was hair paste in the shape of a shaving stick soap. I had thought the other was Original Clubman aftershave, but the more I think about it. I think it's Lilac Vegetal that was more pungent in barber shops.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

There are several scents I remember from the barber shops of my youth in the 1960's. One is the smell of "stickum" that was used to make the front hairs of crew cuts stand up. It was hair paste in the shape of a shaving stick soap. I had thought the other was Original Clubman aftershave, but the more I think about it. I think it's Lilac Vegetal that was more pungent in barber shops.

Yes, I had forgotten about the "stickum" or "butch wax". It smelled a little like bubble gum if my memory serves. As with most kids growing up in the 50s and 60s, I had a crew cut with the front spiked upward. Now you see some kids with spikes all over, they look like a floating mine.

Top Bottom