What's new

Let's see your current DE razor rotation / collection

IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
Here's my current rotation / collection . Listed from left to right . First up is the Wolfman WR1 SB on a Windrose Handle , Barbarossa TR-1 , Charcoal Goods Level 2 SB , Blackland Blackbird on a 101mm handle , Timeless .68 Polished OC and last but not least a Stainless Ikon Deluxe OC on a Windrose Handle .

Gillette 1947-1955 Super Speed Razors, Cases, and Razor Blade Dispensers.JPG
De Destroyer; I currently have 3 set aside in rotation- a 1954 Z3 Flare Tip; a 1959 E1 195 Adjustable, and a Gold Pre-War Fat Handle Tech. The rest of the week is filled with a choice of esarly Supefr Speeds from 1947-1955. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
Gillette 1954 Date Code Z1 First Year Production Super Speed Flare Tip Red base Styrene Case.JPG
Gillette 195 Adjustable E1 with Case Clarksville, VA August 13, 2016.JPG
Gillette Prewar Gold Tech Razor.JPG

Thank you Sir! Finding my late father's Red Tip started all of this... Once I finish prepping two nickel pre-War Fat Handle Pre-War Techs for Chris to re-plate them- I am through! God Bless! Tony

Attachments

• Gillette 1956 B4 Red Tip Super Speed Heavy Beard Father's Razor Coy Brown.JPG
    Gillette 1956 B4 Red Tip Super Speed Heavy Beard Father's Razor Coy Brown.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
Thanks Man! Once I finish prepping two Pre-War nickel plated Fat Handle Techs for Chris Evatt to re-plate- I am through. I did find a case for the steel handled 1940's style Super Speed, and a Gillette Blue Blade dispenser for the Fat Boy case. One nickel plated Tech will go into the rotation, the other for travel. I just nabbed a Blue Willow mug dating from just past the post-WWII occupation of Japan, and that probably
Blue Willow Mug Circa 1950 Japan.jpg
does it on the shaving sundries as well.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
What's on the shelf this week (or month) -- Progress, Coles NY slant, Fatip/Merkur frankenstein, and Rocket. Used the Gillette this morning.

full

Do you actually use the Stahly? The head is nice, but I find the rest a little awkward.
Yeah I've used it be it is very awkward. The vibration mechanism works but not like new. So I've never tried it while it's running.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Yeah I've used it be it is very awkward. The vibration mechanism works but not like new. So I've never tried it while it's running.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Put that head on a different handle and BANG! You have an awesome razor.

IMG_20170509_080451 (1).jpg

This was a SOTD pic for another thread, but it's probably the best pic I have of my razor collection right now. There's no set rotation order - just whatever I'm in the mood for. I used to use one razor for 4-5 days, until I was ready to change the blade. Now, I keep the blade for a week, and just put it in a different razor each day, using a new blade every Monday. The best razor I have is most likely the '46/'47 Aristocrat, hanging over on the right.
note: The purple handle synthetic brush, and one of the razors on the back side of my stand belong to my wife - my gift to her on her birthday last year.

Here is a couple of pics of my razors, I use all of them. No special rotation, using an X-3 Superspeed for the shave of the month.
IMG_20170325_205909.jpg
IMG_20170325_205738.jpg
IMG_20170325_205756.jpg

View attachment 789239
This was a SOTD pic for another thread, but it's probably the best pic I have of my razor collection right now. There's no set rotation order - just whatever I'm in the mood for. I used to use one razor for 4-5 days, until I was ready to change the blade. Now, I keep the blade for a week, and just put it in a different razor each day, using a new blade every Monday. The best razor I have is most likely the '46/'47 Aristocrat, hanging over on the right.
note: The purple handle synthetic brush, and one of the razors on the back side of my stand belong to my wife - my gift to her on her birthday last year.
ghost town barber + special reserve = scent heaven.

My current rotation is 14 razors ,I shave every second day so I go through a rotation roughly every month .I have 6 vintage DEs and 6 modern DEs in my rotation plus a vintage and modern SE for Sunday shaves . With all the fuss over the high end stainless razors, this month I decided to go with some high end vintage DEs from back in the day

rotation.JPG

Top row the moderns L to R
- Colonial on a RR DE-1 handle
- .74 Wolfman OC on a shortened WRH3 handle
- Pearl OC on RR barber pole handle
- Rockwell SS
- Fendrihan MK II
- R41 2013
- Blackbird SB

Bottom Row Vintage L to R

- Ever Ready Lather Catcher
- Gillette 1904 Double Ring
- English Goodwill OC
- Leresche #77
- Kirby Beard
- Barbasol FH
- Eclipse Red Ring

Glenn

Here's my current collection:

proxy.php

Well, most of it anyway.

My current daily driver is front row, 2nd from left, Wolfman WR1.

Top Bottom