What's new

Lather Bowl Ideas For Shave Cream?

I use a Lather Bowl (on the right) from Dirty Bird Pottery. It is $12 and works like a champ!

proxy.php

I repurposed one of my large, bowl like ceramic teacups. Works wonderfully and keeps heat well. I find thicker ceramic cups tends to keep the contents warm for longer than thin porcelain bowls.

Being kinda obsessed with the kitchen, I usually use a ceramic ramekin...

proxy.php

Pour in boiling water, drop in the brush, take my shower. By the end of the shower it's perfect. The thing holds heat well and builds a pretty good lather too.

I use a small bowl in the White Star Line's "VIP" China pattern which was recovered from the Titanic.

Actually I use a cheap cereal bowl from WalMart.

I found a 5" diameter silver plated bowl at the Goodwill store. It was marked $1.00. It is the perfect size.

They were having a half-off sale that day, so it cost me 50 cents.

Best shave related purchase I ever made.

+1. Bought a few of these, and they work great. They are deep enough that they don't throw lather all over the place and wide enough to fit your brush without making the annoying "clinking" sound of smaller lathering vessels. they are on sale at my local BBBeyond for $4 and come in 3 colors (white with green fade, latte with brown fade, and royal blue with navy blue fade).

You may also like the Norpro chip warmer/cooler from Amazon. Link

I use the mug for soaps and the chip warmer for creams.

+2 for the BB&B mug! It's what I currently use and love it. I tried the Target dipping bowl someone mentioned earlier in this thread but it was just too small for me to really make some lather. This mug is the perfect size in my opinion.

+1. Bought a few of these, and they work great. They are deep enough that they don't throw lather all over the place and wide enough to fit your brush without making the annoying "clinking" sound of smaller lathering vessels. they are on sale at my local BBBeyond for $4 and come in 3 colors (white with green fade, latte with brown fade, and royal blue with navy blue fade).

You may also like the Norpro chip warmer/cooler from Amazon. Link

I use the mug for soaps and the chip warmer for creams.

For $4 this mug is awesome for both soaps and creams.

I am using a Large Ceramic Soup Mug, with handle, as my shaving bowl and a Heavy Stainless steel mixing bowl for hot water. I keep the Ceramic Soup Mug seated in the Stainless Steel Bowl of Hot water to keep the lather nice and hot. Cheers!

Legion

Staff member
The size and shape is pretty much personal preference but, whatever bowl or mug you chose, try to get the heaviest, thickest walled one you can. That way the mug will retain its warmth longer and keep your lather warm.

I won this one on ebay for around $9.50. It's a Valley Forge Pottery drip pattern mug. The mouth is about 5" wide, so it's more of a soup mug than a coffee mug. It works great and looks good next to my other shaving gear.

proxy.php

I picked up an assortment of ceramic and even wood bowls at a Goodwill store for less than a $1 each. Try out several and find a size you like!

I just use a big heavy cereal bowl from the kitchen. Works fine.

I am wanting to get one of the japanese rice bowls, I really like the looks of those and looks like the shape would be perfect for not hitting the brush on the side of the bowl(not that I do much anymore anyway, but meh got to have an excuse! :lol:)

Top Bottom