What's new

Lady Gaga's halftime show.

Okay. Google, youtube, whatever the halftime show. Specifically, watch the background dancers during the 'Bad Romance' portion. Now, check out Ylvis' 'What does a fox say?' video and watch the background dancers. Tell me they're not doing the same dance. Lmao.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I managed to catch a couple of well deserved zzzzzs through that snoozer.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The Super Bowl was today?

I don't know what I care less about....The Super Bowl or Lady Baby Talk.

I'm going to have to dwell on this one for a while.

Key moment of the entire night for me, the fact that lady gaga needs to be heralded as the only celebrity on the planet that took an opportunity to do whatever she wanted to do and she chose to applaud, respect, pay tribute, and love this nation and nothing more.

It it was the best halftime show I've ever watched. Beautiful, well cheroegraphed, classy. I thought at least.

I don't care for her in general and don't know why. Thought she rocked the half time show as did the others in the room and she is not of my generation I can assure you. The First Mate made an exception and we watched the game to begin with so I count that as a plus. Hard to look forward to the NFL these days and it is all self inflicted on their part. So you vote with how you spend your time, easy peasy.

im not a big lady gaga fan, to me she really tonned herself down for the show and tried to fit as many of her songs in as possible, which to me detracts from the performance. she can sing really well, but doesnt do it much at all, the lights in crowd surrounding the stage was kinda neat but that was pretty much the only thing i liked from the performance. the rest was just kinda meh.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I managed to catch a couple of well deserved zzzzzs through that snoozer.
I recorded the game, and played Atari for 2 hours before I started watching. I got to skip pregame, commercials, and halftime. I hate Brady- the greatest QB ever (without a doubt)

I'm not a Lady Gaga fan, and I thought the half time show was great. I was completely entertained by it. Compare it to Coldplay's performance.

The NFL has cynically has chosen to choose Superbowl halftime acts that will appeal to people outside of their base audience ie. people who watch football.

I have nothing against Lady GaGa (nor her younger sister GooGoo), but pop music isn't my cup of tea. Indeed my wife who is an amateur musician and singer, states that GaGa to has a great voice. She points out that pop music is extremely over produced and filled with a ton of distraction with the legion of dancers and distracting costumes.

For me there is too much information with the coordinated lights held by the fans and the background dancers. Of course GaGa was completely upstaged by the second half of the game.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Was wowed by the show, and disappointed to find out late today how much was faked and pre-taped - both the jump and the drones were done earlier and the tape spliced in as she was lowered out if the shadows.

AA (UK Daily Mail, for any wanting more)

I don't know what cats know, but right before she began her show, the cat meowed to be let out. When she began with a beautiful rendition of God Bless America, the cat meowed to come back in, and sat in the living room - the cat likes music. But when she dropped from the roof and continued with the rest of her show, the cat walked out. He doesn't like that kind of music. I followed him out. I don't like that kind of music, either.

Okay, so as God Bless America proved, she's got the vocal ability. But that kind of spectacle doesn't do it for me. I know that people go to pop concerts now for spectacle and that's cool, but I'd rather have music, not show. From all the ecstatic people, most of them there like them, too. More power to them. Just not my thing.

Top Bottom