What's new

La Toja's Magno

Ad Astra

The Instigator
On a recent trip to Miami, someone gave me a bottle of "Magno" shower gel/soap/shampoo.

It's made by the La Toja people: same logo as the famous shave soap!

Net says this: "Magno bath gel contains salts and minerals (iron, iodine, and sulfur) from the fabled therapeutic hot springs of La Toja in Galicia, the Celtic area in Northwest Spain. It's been a favorite in Spain for many years -- imagine, a creamy black bath gel made of lanolin and glycerin, with a full but delicate fragrance. It produces a dense white lather that will foam in hard and soft water -- even in sea water. It leaves the skin soft and firm. As you lather in the shower, the unique Magno fragrance, with a personality of its own, fills your room with a lingering aroma and some good memories. It's good for a bubble bath too!"

I say, it smells great. And the shave soap is amazing, too.

Any MAGNO fans?

AA

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen it for years online but never did use it...both the bath gel and the soaps. Glad to hear you like it!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Apparently there are Gold, Platinum and Marine versions of this ... but most people agree the original brown bottle is the best.

Like with shaving products, one might not realize there are way better things to use- until you go out and find them!

AA

Any MAGNO fans?

AA

Me. I started with the original, but now the Gold wash is my choice. I buy three or four bottles at a time. Lathers like crazy and there is no irritating (to me) elements in the wash. Some cause a burning, stinging sensation near the eyes during a face wash, but not with Magno.

Don

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A week in, liking the Magno even more! It's a single do-all in the shower, i.e. just shampoo yourself from head to toe.

But its smell is the best part. Just unique and really good. Like decent shaving, one of those things you don't realize until you realize ... there's better soaps out there, too!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
is there any difference between this and the bar of soap?

Don't know; don't have the bar. Can affirm this bottle has lasted all year!

Would assume the minerals etc are the same in both.

Though I get tired of, and have to rotate, shave soaps every couple days, I NEVER get tired of Magno. It has that same world-conquering vibe that Tabac and Special Reserve do (not that it smells like either one).

AA

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I had the solid bath soap and it was good. But, IMHO, the very products from La Toja are the shaving stick and the no longer made shaving puck in wooden container with cork lid (the famous Manantiales).

I was looking to pick up some magno, but lots of the recent reviews on Amazon claim it's been reformulated and smells awful now. Can any confirm/disconfirm?

I just ordered some of the Magno bar soap from Gifts and Care. Also got a bar of Manantiales, Musgo Real, and Lavanda. Not sure how I feel about the controversial scent yet, but I'm looking forward to the skin benefits from the mineral salts.

I was looking to pick up some magno, but lots of the recent reviews on Amazon claim it's been reformulated and smells awful now. Can any confirm/disconfirm?

I can confirm it smells like wet mop with mildew. The stench is awful. I just used it for the first time this morning and hate the scent. I really hope it has good skin properties like other La Toja products. Thankfully I got it from Spain for around $2 so it's not a total waste. I'll give it another try before tossing it. There are better scented soaps. I'm contemplating whether it would be rude to give used bath soap to a homeless person on the street.

I'm referring to the bar soap. I haven't tried the body wash and don't want to after this.

Top Bottom