What's new

Kronos, Above the Tie's first razor

Being in a reflected mood I thought I would share some back ground on our first razor. In teh beginning, the original name of our razor was Titan. I had done what I thought was a solid search for the availability of this name relative to safety razors. Development and production were complete and online selling was going strong. Then I was contacted by someone who had a plastic cart razor also by that name. It was not a good day. My lawyer advised me that even though there was a significant difference in the two products it was likely not worth the head ache and cost to debate the matter. So the name was changed to Kronos.

Some of you might be interested to know that the Kronos H1 is the first ATT prototype. I was fortunate in that the first razor design worked well from the start. No changes were made from the prototype.

Also, I knew from the beginning that if all wet well I wanted to develop a "shaving system" or as some have described it a "fixed adjustable" . To my knowledge no one had approached current production with multiple variations or customization based on a single platform.
This was made possible by anticipating interchangeable parts from the beginning of the platforms design.

Below are a few photos of the Kronos which was expandable to H, R or M plates. This allowed the customer to choose the best combination for their needs. The Kronos line of razors has continued to expand due to a number of new head and plate designs being developed.
Check out the Kromos razor at;

abovethetie.com/collections/kronos-safety-razors/products/kronos-h1-stainless-steel-safety-razor

DSCN6631.JPG

DSCN6632.JPG
DSCN6634.JPG

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
That's one Damn Fine Razor you got there, Stan. It was my choice to break the Sabbatical last year, but I was saved by a fellow Stew who sent me a Weber Classic Handle with the H1 head. Close enough to the Kronos in length and weight that I think it will make no difference. I'll know when my Kronos SE2 (my Sabbatical exception) arrives Friday, I'll swap the handles to see if it makes any difference to me. Nice to know that my original choice was your original design.
Keep those razors coming.

Top Bottom