What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

Interesting thought. Right now I am trying to stay on the band diet my doc has me on and rehabbing the knee. It's at 70 percent now.

Interesting thought. Right now I am trying to stay on the band diet my doc has me on and rehabbing the knee. It's at 70 percent now.

You can get the results you are looking for, believe me. I have a few thoughts I would like to share but I'll send them in a PM. I too am heavier than I want to be and working on dropping weight. Fortunately for me I'm very healthy otherwise and only suffer the aches, pains and limited stamina that being too heavy brings. I've had successes AND failures but I know it can be done. When it comes down to it, the first step is to consume less than your body uses...everything else is just a way to do that.
I have often told my family, if I am ever in a coma make sure the docs don't wake me until I'm a at my ideal weight ...I'll consider anything else malpractice.

You can get the results you are looking for, believe me. I have a few thoughts I would like to share but I'll send them in a PM. I too am heavier than I want to be and working on dropping weight. Fortunately for me I'm very healthy otherwise and only suffer the aches, pains and limited stamina that being too heavy brings. I've had successes AND failures but I know it can be done. When it comes down to it, the first step is to consume less than your body uses...everything else is just a way to do that.
I have often told my family, if I am ever in a coma make sure the docs don't wake me until I'm a at my ideal weight ...I'll consider anything else malpractice.
I got your PM. Appreciate the encouragement. Keep up the fight on your end.

Update on me. Yesterday I ended up at the ER with the symptoms of heart issues. Was checked and my heart is fine. They found damage to my stomach caused by Alieve. Took Alieve due to my knee pain.

I am home now. I weighed in last night at 454 lbs, down 10 more lbs. Been eating a lot of salads and subway.

Still fighting through some health issues with my stomach and asthma. Also trying to get my sleep apenia machine replaced. Still pressing forward but am tired all the time

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Myself and many others are here rooting for you!

Attachments

• $IMG_6227.JPG
    $IMG_6227.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 28
Quick update:

Had a stress test yesterday and passed it. Waiting on the rest of my results from the heart doctor. Hope to be cleared for excerise soon. I will be having a HIDA scan on my gall bladder at some point. Still have waves of terrible sickness, chest pain, and shortness of breath, but thankfully my heart is being ruled out.

Weight loss:

have not weighed in since last posting as I don't have a scale right now (the one i bought says i weigh under 300....liar)

Still pressing forward and controlling my diet as best as possible. Hoping to report a new number soon.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Kevin, I hope you're cleared for exercise. Remembering your very first post, if you are cleared for exercise I'll pay for your first months membership to a local gym.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Quick update:

Had a stress test yesterday and passed it. Waiting on the rest of my results from the heart doctor. Hope to be cleared for excerise soon. I will be having a HIDA scan on my gall bladder at some point. Still have waves of terrible sickness, chest pain, and shortness of breath, but thankfully my heart is being ruled out.

Weight loss:

have not weighed in since last posting as I don't have a scale right now (the one i bought says i weigh under 300....liar)

Still pressing forward and controlling my diet as best as possible. Hoping to report a new number soon.

There are many possibilities of what that might be, but have you considered that you might have anxiety issues and are having panic attacks?

Kevin, I hope you're cleared for exercise. Remembering your very first post, if you are cleared for exercise I'll pay for your first months membership to a local gym.
I was cleared yesterday by the cardiologist to light excercise. All my heart tests came back normal. They found elevated lung pressure whatever that means. Will meet with him at the end of the month to find out what that means. Other than that am now waiting on the Hida scan to check my gall bladder.

I mentioned anxiety to my doctor and he wants to rule out all other physical issues as he is not convinced its anxiety.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

It sounds as if things are looking up, Kev. I know that you have been through a tough period; maybe the worm has now turned. Longer, warmer days and the OK from your doctor. It's time to get ready for the summer!

Update

My gall bladder test came back normal.

My weight is up to 455

Doc wants me to see the surgeon anyway for am second opinion.

Been working on my stress levels as well. Ordered a part to fix the bicycle then hope to start riding again. I know it will need some tlc but am getting excited for riding again

Also went fishing for the first time in almost 2 years last week. Trying to make time for me to relax. Been feeling better but still dealing with pain and issues.

Appreciate all the encouragement on here. I know it's been a 3+ year journey but some take longer than others.

Btw my wife has started walking and she has lost 13 lbs in the last month . Very excited for her progress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom