What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

Found I have arthritis in my knee and hip....am WAY too young to have arthritis.

Need to work on clearing up the pain then work on dropping the weight. Might have been down, but not out

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Found I have arthritis in my knee and hip....am WAY too young to have arthritis.

Need to work on clearing up the pain then work on dropping the weight. Might have been down, but not out

I think you will find dropping the weight will help a lot with the arthritis.

Keep at it! Losing the pounds is the best way to decrease stress on your joints.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Diet is the best answer to that question!
For me, being diabetic, I eat an extremely carb restricted diet.
It works for not spiking the blood sugar and also for weight loss if you are really strict with the low carb portions.

I wish you the best and shall keep an eye on your progress.
marty

As others have mentioned, losing weight will decrease stress on your joints and lessen the effects of any arthritis from which you may be suffering. Nice work on the drop, Kev. Keep it up!

Still pressing forward. Get reminders from others like today when going for supper my boss reminded me to eat healthy. Went to subway and got a sub.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Good job!
Now subway will sell you the 6" sub without the bread.
I had their turkey and ham with lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, black olive, and no dressing.
It was very good and filling.

You just keep on keeping on and never ever say I can't!

One of my former co-workers lost about 150 pounds on weight watchers--she won't tell us her before and after weights, so we have to guess on the amounts. If you can stick to their food plans--not buy their food, but stick to their plan--it seems like a reasonable way to lose weight and to learn how to eat more healthfully.

I recall that finances are an issue for you, but it looks like WW has weekly plans that range from $3.85 to around $10 (annual costs of about $200-$560). Don't buy a couple of pops a week and the program is paid for (and you'll be down a few hundred calories right there).

I'm not associated with Weight Watchers, but it seems like it would be worth checking out.

Top Bottom