What's new

Kansas City Meet up October 25, 26, 2014

One more item for the table.
A Butter Bell, perfect for face lathering. The bell holds Arko or your favorite grated soap and the bottom is perfect for presoaking your brush. When you've finished your shave, it looks good on your counter.

$20141018_143424.jpg$20141018_143504.jpg

That's pretty cool joamo. I have one but I use it for butter. Wonder if the LOFH would notice it missing??? "Where's the butter for my English muffins"?

I had to look it up when I first found one as well. I think I've done well re purposing it. I use one every day.

They are pretty cool actually. You pack the soften butter into the smaller bell part and then hang it upside down into the bowl that holds salted water. The water acts as a seal so bad stuff can't get to the butter and ruin it (kind of like a water seal while making fermented foods or a water lock while making beer and whine), and the water filled pottery allows for some evaporation of water making the whole thing a little cooler. Don't need to wait for the butter to soften like you do when it comes out of the fridg.

Stones packed check
Microscope packed check
Light packed check
Tray to place stones on packed check
Razors packed check

All I have to pack now is clothes, tent, chairs, and food and drinks for the trip. Oh, and the give aways and door prizes. Don't want to for get those!!!

Don't forget if you are going to the meet up to bring a chair with you so you will have something to sit on while you are there.

That whole this/next thing is a source of some arguments for my wife and I ... I just use dates.

YES you can be excited. :)

Look what came in today for the meet up! The folks at Razor Blades & More sent us some nice goodies. Check out the engraving in the top of the razor. Even comes with it's own carrying care, how cool is that? The razor is one of their Matador razors and it has a beautiful creamy brown handle. Oh, and there is a bottle of Parma Inspiration hair and body wash with a nice lemon scent. Sweet. Go to their website and check out their other items they have to offer. Razor Blades & More

$Razor Blades & More (1).jpg

$Razor Blades & More (2).jpg

$Razor Blades & More (3).jpg

Last edited:
I had a great time. Ray's ribs were awesome, lots of good companionship and lots of honing going on!

Someone took better pics than I so I'll wait for those. :)

I'd like to chime in with thanks to everyone who made this a great event. Special thanks to Ray for hosting, and to Chris and Kevin for all the hard work they put into getting it going. I learned a lot and am grateful I had this opportunity to learn from some of the best.

I'm back home, and everything is unpacked. Had a great time. Thanks Chris, Kevin and Ray (and everyone else) for helping put this together. Thanks especially to Mike and Sham for helping me out with honing. It was great to meet everyone, and put a face to the avatar. Great food, great company, great learning, awesome experience. Can't wait to do this again!

Lots of individuals and vendors donated a ton of stuff that was raffled off. Here is what the table looked like at the beginning of the day!
proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's Chris (Warpiper) calling raffle numbers:
proxy.php

Here's a bunch of guys standing around waiting for their number to be called!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

After several raffles, over both days, here is what I came home with
proxy.php

Chris, playing the pipes (on the second day, sans kilt):
proxy.php

Here is Mike's (Modine) table with his straights and awesome rock collection. This is where I spent most of my time. Thanks Mike for helping me out.
proxy.php

A couple more pics:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow, finely able to get back on line and check in.

First, I want to thank Ray for hosting the meet up, putting in a lot of hours and hard work, and money into it. You are a gracious host and your ribs were out of this world. I also want to thank your wife for putting up with us and supporting us and allowing us to be there. It was fun working with her and making cheese cakes. I'd like to thank Kevin for putting up and listening to bagpipe music for the 13 hour drive out there and then for another 13 hours back. I don't know why, but for some reason he had a hard time hearing me by the time we got back to Ashville. I also want to thank Kevin, Mike, Randy, Ron, Sham (also some great food), and Vic for taking the time to teach me honing and improving my honing skills. The razors I worked on have given me some great shaves. I also want to thank all the vendors and members who donated door prizes and give a ways. There were some awesome items there and everyone got to leave with several of them. I'm loving the soaps and the razor I won.

What I learned and experienced out in KC was well worth the drive. I learned more about honing, had some very fine food, and met some pretty nice and amazing people. As others have mentioned, people were friendly, easy going, and sharing. To watch the experienced folks helping the newbies was very rewarding. I'm already looking forward to the next meet up.

Top Bottom