What's new

Kansas City Meet up October 25, 26, 2014

Hi All!

There is going to be a meet up at Kansas City on October 25th and 26th. The exact address is being worked out and as soon as we have it down, we'll let you know. There's going to be some great straight razor folks and honers there and lots of hands on learning. If you're interested in coming out and want to learn how to use a straight razor or want to learn how to hone your razors, let us know. :biggrin1:

Hi Lineman,

You won't be disappointed. I met several of the folks from that area at the Asheville, NC meet up and they are awesome. Very knowledgeable and very skilled at honing and they are happy to share what they know.

Two days? This sounds like no normal meetup. What kind of event is this?

Hi TheVez,

I guess you can call it an extended meet up. Its going to be straight razor stuff and straight razor honing for the most part. As it is now, folks will be doing, discussing/demonstrating cleaning, polishing, honing, stropping, and general care and maintenance. Because several of us are coming up from the South East, they want to make sure we get as much time as we can to make it worth the trip. For me, it will be.

I've got it marked on my calendar! I'll try to be there for sure. I enjoy straights, but dont use them enough, since I don't know how to hone. I'd love to learn from others in person. And I've got a dozen razors or so that need some TLC. Can't wait!

I'm in, especially since I've lived in Kansas City all my life (with the lone exception of Army active duty). And if you need some on-site advance leg work done, let me know. Will be interested what the location will be.

I've got it marked on my calendar! I'll try to be there for sure. I enjoy straights, but dont use them enough, since I don't know how to hone. I'd love to learn from others in person. And I've got a dozen razors or so that need some TLC. Can't wait!

Great! I hope to see you there. I'm still learning on the straight and just started to learn how to hone. Getting one on one, hands on training from folks who have done this for years is invaluable. I'll be driving 2200+ miles round trip and I think its going to be worth every mile of it. I'll be bringing all my razors too. :thumbup:

I'm in, especially since I've lived in Kansas City all my life (with the lone exception of Army active duty). And if you need some on-site advance leg work done, let me know. Will be interested what the location will be.

Sweet! That's great John, thanks. I've been to KC a couple of times when I was up at Ft. Leavenworth (for training, not incarcerations!!). As it is now, it will either be at someone's home or at a rec center or something like that. The determining factor will be how many folks come out. I look forward to seeing you there.

Count me in! I have several vintage straights that I've been working on restoring and I have been wanting to learn how to hone.

Jake, it will be great to have you there. Bring the razors! There will be plenty of people there who can teach you. At the last meet up, one of them helped me fix a frown and stabilizer that was causing some honing issues.

Well the LOTH agreed we will be there as long a I take her to a nice diner on the 26th since it will be her bday

Army medic dad
Thanks for the offer and I will take you up on that when it gets close to the time.
Also want to know if its ok to bring home made soaps samples to give out? Or is that a no no lol.

I will try to make it out. I live 3hrs away and have done that drive many times. I'll just have to see what the pocket book says when time gets close.

This sounds like fun. I live in KC and have my grandfather's Wade & Butcher. I don't shave with it, because, frankly, I don't know how.

Contact Courtney Brothers Barber Shop in Blue Springs. They do straight razor shaves.

Top Bottom