What's new

Kansas City get together

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
No, I do not. Since you are also interested, I think we should try to keep this thread active to draw attention. As well as direct anyone we see with a KC Area Location to here.
We could even try something like tour Boulevard and hit something...who know's if that will be everyones cup of tea though.

Good ideas. I was wondering about trying to steer others from the area to this thread, but I'd guess there are some who don't specify it in their profiles. I didn't -- don't clearly still.

What do you think about including something in our sigs for a while after we get a little more lined out?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I'd like to keep this in the forefront. Hey, what else is there to do on a cold Winter day? :thumbup:

I haven't had a reply from either agbill or texaninkc yet, but I'll email Jose. I will add a sig like "If you're in the KC area, please check out the "Kansas City get together" thread in Gatherings and Get-Togethers and declare your interest!"

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I didn't know that could be done. I'm going to play around and find out how to do that.

Copy the url onto your clipboard, highlight what text you want to hyperlink, click on the little globe icon with a chain-link in front (to the left of the one with a red "x"), and then paste the url into the field in the dialog box that opens up. The icon with the red "x" will remove the link from highlighted hyperlink text.

I'm up for meeting. I know Ken and I were talking about getting together to do some brush swaps. I'm up for a drink at a place in the Plaza or Wesport. Or if the majority of folks live closer to another area of town I could head there as well. I live near UMKC since I'm in grad school there and my wife works there.

We are tossing around ideas right now. Any thoughts?

I come up there every once and a while. Usually to go to a race or a car show. I would be fine with whatever you local members come up with. I would hate to come up with an idea and not be able to make it, for whatever reason. Plus, I figure you locals would have better ideas anyway.

I will keep my eye on this thread and hopefully I can make it.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Well I live on the North side of the city. My thoughts were to do something more central like Power and Light District, Plaza, etc for ease of all. We are not big "late nighters" so for us, something either during the day or evening works better. I think this would make for better socializing anyway. Maybe we grab a burger and a drink at McFadden's? Hang out for a while and be done with it or would anyone be more interested in something that takes more time like a tour of Boulevard and then BBQ?

I'm on the south side of 435 in OP. I'd be up for about anything. BBQ is always good. Would it be good to have a venue where we could do some show-and-tell or something like that?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I think that would be fun but, I'm not even sure where to start with that.

It's always fun when things get out of hand.

I just scanned the posts in this thread. If it weren't for this one (#50), I'd suggest sending PMs to all who have chimed into it and poll for interest and dates. This probably has the best chances of happening if we keep it simple. But I also noted this post (#50) about including demos, etc.

Do you think you should just pick a date as the latter post suggested. I'd incline first to poll members for availability/suggestions, but we need to round some more up first to do that.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Yep, I hear you. It might just be you and I, lol.

Well, we have texaninkc and Rockminer. I just prodded EMCphers in a BST thread he started a while ago. You might do the same. And I'd guess we'll reel in at least a couple more. Let's start talking about when. Do you want to do it soon, or wait until winter breaks, say March or April?

I attend class at the Baker University extension at Tiffany Springs, I'm a northlander. I'm up for traveling about anywhere if I can find the time, living in KC for most of my life, means I'm used to to a 30-minute drive across town. Oh, and since I'm a sales rep I spend most of my days driving around our fair city.

Well, we have texaninkc and Rockminer. I just prodded EMCphers in a BST thread he started a while ago. You might do the same. And I'd guess we'll reel in at least a couple more. Let's start talking about when. Do you want to do it soon, or wait until winter breaks, say March or April?

If it helps, I'll be in KC from April 12-14. Friday evening and Saturday is blocked out for the moment. Sunday morning might be as well, and I leave mid-day. I'll follow the thread to see when the meeting is.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Ok, now we are starting to see more interest. We can surely make something happen. :thumbup:
I would like to get Wendy's attention (http://www.saintcharlesshave.com/) but, I sure don't want anything to be construed as spam so I don't want to email her. I'm not sure if she would be interested but, she's close and a lot of us use her products.
I suppose we could just all meet at a pizza joint or something. However, I thought if we could schedule something more towards Spring we could get together at Power and Light District so that we can grab food or a beverage and hang in the courtyard for a while. Just a few of my thoughts, please provide your's.

I agree. I'm up for anything, but Spring and P&LD or Riverfront sound good to me.

i could be up for something. i live in lawrence but come into kc at least once a week for work, so something after 4pm on thursdays would work best for me, but i can be flexible. maybe i could get some pointers to improve my technique with my de razor

Last edited:
I will keep an eye on the thread to see if the date/time work for me. Especially since shopping was mentioned. :lol:

Top Bottom