What's new

June 2016 scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a Whipped Dog High Mountain badger brush. My other two badgers are a Simpson S1 (Best Badger), and a Vulvix #374 (Finest Badger), so that is my basis of comparison. My immediate thought was "It's huge!". The knot is really impressive large, and has bloomed nicely already. The handle is only slightly longer and broader than my Simpson S1's, and is very comfortable to use. It sits very well in my hand, and the weight feels good even when I'm only using it with two fingers and a thumb. It's definitely the right size for a knot of these dimensions.

The knot is absolutely wonderful against the face; I face lather, and I was amazed that I could practically cover my face with a mere handful of strokes. It also provides very satisfying cushioning, supported by definite backbone (which I really enjoy). The knot took on my triple milled Tabac with confidence, and scooped up product effortlessly with just a couple dozen casual twists of the wrist.

I am astonished that Larry can offer such a quality product at such a reasonable price point. I suppose one factor is that the handle isn't anything special, but that's fine as far as I'm concerned. I was also delighted at the shipping feel US$5 for international shipping to Taiwan. I've seen beautiful custom silvertip brushes with exotic handles on other sites, which I've been prepared to buy at US$80-100, but when the shopping cart informs you casually that shipping to Taiwan will be another US$40, it's walk away time.

The monthly flea market was today and I did pretty well. 2 NDC Super Speeds, Gem G- bar, Gem Featherweight, 2 injectors, the handle for a Stahly, and the Avon is my favorite of the Avon scents Island Lime.:thumbup:

Attachments

• $DSCF8939.jpg
    $DSCF8939.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 230
Some auction house fodder. The New OC was the one I really wanted. And wanted the Ever-Ready brush it came with,but it was soaking when I took the pic.
$20160609_113055.jpg
Aristocrat in a box for $5 is my favorite score of the week as it has been on my "wish list".
$20160609_112651.jpg

Got all three brushes last week. I dont think these brushes need much explaining. They are all 3 great great brushes, and all three feel different as well.

PK-47 26mm S-Knot
M&F Genuine Horn, Blonde Badger 25/50mm
Falstaff 26mm Select L-Knot

$1466141335183-1283204050.jpg
$14661416834001607147450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom