What's new

Joined in 2014, but still a B&B Newbie...

I don't really have answer for the first part of your question. The second part is easier. As of late I have become a bit disenchanted with some other fora and the abundance of troll posts and general anger, which I, for the life of me, cannot understand. I am hoping for less drama. I guess I will find out, but in any case, I am happy to share a small part of B&B.
One of the things that keeps me coming here is the respectful responses to posts, even when folks disagree. Plus, there is a lot of banter besides shaving topics.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Way to go on posting again! If you don't mind me asking, is there anything that kept you from wanting to post, and what made you want to start again? Regardless, it's always nice to have members chiming in with discussion. :thumbup:
Didn't even make it 48 hours without encountering negative posts...:(

One of the things that keeps me coming here is the respectful responses to posts, even when folks disagree. Plus, there is a lot of banter besides shaving topics.

Not my experience so far...I just don't understand. Not all, but even some is too much for me.

If you see something inflammatory or against the ToU then hit the report button
I clearly don't have the mentality to post here. When I am ridiculed (and Americans in general!) because I post that the Hoffritz Slant is a "really pretty" razor, that speaks volumes. I don't ridicule my fellow man and don't expect to be on the receiving end of it either. Sad, because I know there are many, many fine members, but it only takes a few to spoil the pot.

I clearly don't have the mentality to post here. When I am ridiculed (and Americans in general!) because I post that the Hoffritz Slant is a "really pretty" razor, that speaks volumes. I don't ridicule my fellow man and don't expect to be on the receiving end of it either. Sad, because I know there are many, many fine members, but it only takes a few to spoil the pot.
I am sorry you feel that way mate. There are loads of great people on here and valuable information.
The mods are not omnipotent so if you see something that is rude/offensive or breaks the ToU just click on the Report button at the bottom of the post so they can see it.

Please remember that 99% of what is posted here is someones opinion. You can choose to accept it or reject it but no one has the right to ridicule someone else for their opinion. That behavior is not tolerated here and hopefully a steward or moderator would catch it to take care of the situation but the best way to bring it to a moderators attention is to hit the report button on the offending post. I am very sorry if you have been offended in any way by any of our members and I would like everyone to ask themselves, is this what a gentleman would say before they hit the reply button.

Please remember that 99% of what is posted here is someones opinion. You can choose to accept it or reject it but no one has the right to ridicule someone else for their opinion. That behavior is not tolerated here and hopefully a steward or moderator would catch it to take care of the situation but the best way to bring it to a moderators attention is to hit the report button on the offending post. I am very sorry if you have been offended in any way by any of our members and I would like everyone to ask themselves, is this what a gentleman would say before they hit the reply button.
I appreciate those words sir.

Not my experience so far...I just don't understand. Not all, but even some is too much for me.
Sorry to hear that you experienced less than it should have been. I hope you find this to be extremely rare, should you decide to give the forums more time.

Edit: by the way, I see that you teach music, according to your profile. It stood out to me as one of my sons is in his first year of college, taking a degree in music education. I imagine that gives you some great opportunities to invest in your students lives.

Last edited:

I understand how you feel when you say 'it only takes a few to spoil the pot'. I would like to respond by saying that I have been a member of B&B since November, 2014 and apart from one or two unfortunate exceptions I have found the community to welcoming, friendly, respectful and eager to assist. I think I speak for the overwhelming majority of my fellow B&B members when I say please accept my apology for the unacceptable behavior of what is fortunately a very small minority on this forum.

I agree with you that the Hoffritz Slant is a really pretty razor. I have a Post-War Hoffritz Open Comb Three Piece Safety Razor Set that I recently acquired. It's really nice, but alas it's not a slant. A Hoffritz Slant is on my wishlist though. :thumbsup:

Welcome back from another Hoosier. I'm also a fan of vintage Gillettes, and many other vintage razors can't forget the Gems, Ever Readys, Schicks, and many others.

Sorry that you had a bad experience, just know they are rare, and sometimes thing can seem harsher in print than they are meant to.

Welcome back, Primo. I also left that other forum because of the negativity. It's much better here. Much better.

I don't really have answer for the first part of your question. The second part is easier. As of late I have become a bit disenchanted with some other fora and the abundance of troll posts and general anger, which I, for the life of me, cannot understand. I am hoping for less drama. I guess I will find out, but in any case, I am happy to share a small part of B&B.

You have come to the right place, sir! Best forum online, IMHO.

Top Bottom