What's new

January 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a nice trio of gifts from the Mrs this year. The brush is an amazing Omega 639 Silvertip, affixed on top of a new dutch oven, with a backdrop of one of my images from the new camera that she got mounted to canvas. I am a spoiled man :001_cool:
I soon had to acquire some TOBS lavender to grace the brush properly.
$IMG_3342.jpg

A new in box Aristocrat.. Having trouble posting photos

Attachments

• $004.jpg
    $004.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
I went to a flea market today, and found a Heldtight brush, Slant Stroke razor and some vintage blades for $13. I opened 2 of the SE blades and the seem rusty, looks like they will just be for display. The PALs are still packed in oil and look good though. I am having some issues with the razor the threads seem very tight and screw all the way in. Hopefully after cleanup and chasing them with some brass threads they will be ok.

I stopped at an antique shop on the way home and picked up a $8 66 Flare Tip and $1 puck of vintage Williams!

I'll let you know how the clean up and if I get the Slant Stroke Shaving again.

Attachments

• $DSCF8581.jpg
    $DSCF8581.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 340
  • $DSCF8582.jpg
    $DSCF8582.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 335
  • $DSCF8583.jpg
    $DSCF8583.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 336
That brush is cool, screamin' for a rebuild! The Slant Stroke razor is also a cool find let us know how it shaves.

Cool handle on that brush indeed! And the Williams for a buck would make the whole day worthwhile! I passed up some brushes, an English Leather set and some Hai Karate yesterday, and all I brought home was some cool '40s Salt and Pepper shakers.

Thanks for the comments. I got them cleaned up, and the threads seem OK on the Slant Stroke. It is ready to try out Tomorrow, its funny though it seems it is only a slant by name no blade torqueing that I can see anyway. It looks like it should be pretty mild, but I will see in the morning. The Super Speed cleaned up really well and has no plate loss that I can see. The brush is shedding pretty bad so it will join a few others I have found in the someday project box.

Attachments

• $DSCF8588.jpg
    $DSCF8588.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 288
I used the Slant Stroke today, as expected it is pretty mild. But with 3 passes I was able to get to DFS.:thumbup1:

100 Dorco St 301 & Shaver Heaven Dragon Noir soap. The scent is amazing and can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning.

Got two kamisori

First one came Dec 31 and so should have been in December Scores, but I didn't shave with it until Jan 1. Jerry Stark interpretation of a kamisori.

$JS kami1.jpg

Second one came in the mail today straight from Japan. Pretty good condition with Omote relatively intact so I can practice kamisori honing

$DSC00992.jpg$DSC00996.jpg

After a year of restraint I placed an order with Italian Barber and picked up these:

$IMG_20160108_230418.jpg

I am happy with every scent and have only tried the Amici so far for a shave. This is such a good soap, Italian Barber is really blessing us with this quality of product. I have a cabinet filled with artisanal and commercial product and I can't say that any of them are superior to this soap in any meaningful way. If only Joe would start making a shaving stick....

Today received an order from Paolo @ TVB Shaving in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

$IMG_20160111_141105.jpg

I have placed four orders with him over the last year. He has a great selection of esoteric and hard to source items. I picked up four 400ml bottles of Floïd Blue a few weeks back. And with the strong dollar, US shoppers will often come out way ahead even with shipping. Paolo has great service, packaging, and shipping.

$IMG_20160111_142810.jpg

Here, a nice selection of Extro colognes and splashes, Lea soap and after shave, Vitos Colonia Mentolo, couple of other soaps. Nice!

Cheers. .Chris

After a year of restraint I placed an order with Italian Barber and picked up these:

I am happy with every scent and have only tried the Amici so far for a shave. This is such a good soap, Italian Barber is really blessing us with this quality of product. I have a cabinet filled with artisanal and commercial product and I can't say that any of them are superior to this soap in any meaningful way. If only Joe would start making a shaving stick....

I also have the Amici, as well as Italia 1955, Millionario and Eleganza. Like them all and the price point is such that you can take a roll on something unknown...don't like it? Merry Christmas to your pal....enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom