What's new

J. Herbin Flow Issue?

Hi,

I've just inked up a Kaweco Sport M nib with Poussiere de Lune and I'm having a really hard time getting the ink to start flowing when putting pen to paper. When the pen was filled with Tsuki-yo the ink gushed out like nobody's business. The nib does tend to suffer a bit of baby's bottom with other inks (at least that is what it seems like to me). Also I'm not entirely sure I haven't damaged the nib in the pen as I did give it (accidentally) a good fair whack on the tip when I dropped it after filling. Oddly enough if I turn the nib upside down it seems to flow better.

Might just a combination of this pen and ink, but I don't have any spare pens to test with at the moment.

I dont think its the ink, to be honest. But as a start can you go back to the Tsuki-yo and see if there is a problem?

I havent had much success with Kawecos, seem to find them hard to start. Possibly I should have given it a better flush through when I first bought the pen.

Suggest that you pull the nib and feed from the section and make sure that there is no damage and everything lines up, its simple and should be problem free.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
... I'm not entirely sure I haven't damaged the nib in the pen as I did give it (accidentally) a good fair whack on the tip when I dropped it after filling. Oddly enough if I turn the nib upside down it seems to flow better.

I would suspect misaligned tips after reading this. I think you need to get yourself a 10X loupe and inspect the nib carefully before doing anything else.

Keep us posted.

Well I thought I'd dog out an old jeweller's loupe and check out the nib, but before I did I have it another test. Wrote perfectly this time. Thinking back it may have just been a weird angle I was trying write on, balancing a tiny rhodia notepad on my knee. Anyway the ink now flows fine and I feel a bit sheepish.

Top Bottom