What's new

Italian Floid Blue

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Floid, the famous lotion, is one of the most appreciated, respected and sought-after aftershave splashes in the World.
Among experienced wet shavers it is considered a top-notch product and has, therefore, a very high reputation.
Floid was first established in Spain in 1932 and is, today, a classic, Old School, historic brand.
Its popularity in Europe is such that its design and formulation has remained unchanged over the years.
Anyhow we have to clarify, since there are two versions of Floid: the Spanish version and the Italian version.
Both are excellent, but also quite different.
The Spanish Floid has a sharper, stronger scent and a higher concentration of alcohol to sting on your face.
The Italian Floid has a lighter, softer fragrance and less alcohol in proportion, making it more suitable for sensitive skins.
My preference goes to the Italian Floid, in particular to the Italian Floid Blue.
This fantastic lotion comes in a 400 ml glass bottle with striking nostalgic graphics and an old world bakelite-style screw cap.
Here in Italy it is priced between 12 € and 16 € and, considering that it should last many months or maybe over a year, it’s a terrific buy and a great value for the money.
Floid Blue has a wonderful, light mentholated formula and, therefore, is very cooling and refreshing.
Its scent, as already stated above, is unique, clean, very Old School and fades rather quickly, not interferring with your cologne.
When applied it doesn’t burn, moisturizes well and gives an amazing mentholated “kick”, just like Proraso splash.
Your face finally feels soft, smooth and tight.
In other words this marvel does exactly what a good aftershave treatment has to do.
And does it perfectly.
If you like top quality products and love traditional Barbershop aftershaves, Floid Blue is for you.
Semplicemente STRAORDINARIO.

Last edited:
Thanks for updating us Marco. On the other hand, this after your Acqua di Parma review has me gripping my wallet all the more tightly, as I have a bad case of the AD's.

Its always a pleasure to read your reviews,Marco.Thank you.

I agree 100%.

Marco, I love how you give a history of the product with your reviews, an absolutely pleasure to read:thumbup1:. I'm going to buy some Blue Floid when I got to Italy in two weeks.

Any idea what the alcohol content in Italian Blue Floid is (ABV)?

Last edited:
Do both the Spanish and Italian versions fade quickly? I like an AS with staying power as I don't use cologne.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I agree 100%.

Marco, I love how you give a history of the product with your reviews, an absolutely pleasure to read:thumbup1:. I'm going to buy some Blue Floid when I got to Italy in two weeks.

Any idea what the alcohol content of Italian Blue Floid is (ABV)?

Hi Joe,

Thank you, too.
I do not know exactly how much alcohol it has.
Anyhow, if you know Proraso splash, it gives a similar sensation on your skin, with a slightly different scent.
I also suppose it has a bit less alcohol than Proraso aftershave.
If you want (and I know you want!) more detailed info, you can contact the producer directly.
Here it is:

Colomer Italy S.p.A.
40010 Bologna, Italy.

Last edited:
Hi Joe,

Thank you, too.
I do not know exactly how much alcohol it has.
Anyhow, if you know Proraso splash, it gives a similar sensation on your skin, with a slightly different scent.
I also suppose it has a bit less alcohol than Proraso aftershave.
If you want (and I know you want!) more detailed info, you can contact the producer directly.
IHere it is:

Colomer Italy S.p.A.
40010 Bologna, Italy.

:lol:

Marco, you know me well.

Thank you,

Joe

Thank you Marco. I wholeheartedly agree. I finally tried the Floid products last fall and to my surprise the Blue was a clear winner in my tests. It has what I would call a "sport" type scent to it. Sort of an Aqua Velva light and I found the scent superior to it. At least for my senses. Another thing that caught me completely by surprise was the mild menthol effect. Say what? Milder? Aren't the Floids supposedly menthol monsters? Not to me. Many menthol splashes like AV actually numb me and I had always blamed the menthol. This is apparently not the case and I am somewhat sure the American drugstore splashes have some sort of added numbing agent. This effect was also noted when I tried Alt Innsbruck a/s. Another supposed menthol monster that was very mild to me. Mayhaps it is just something in the scent components of Aqua Velva or Skin Bracer? Anyway, good on Floid Blue. It is now my first choice in that particular scent style. Would that we could get it in the States without nearly mortgaging the house. No kidding. When you can get them them the 400ml bottles are usually nearing $60 U.S. shipped. Thanks again.

Regards, Todd

Very nice write up Marco!

I have tried both and my preference is also the blue. This is one I am glad I tried and own.

Awesome Marco...Bravo! The Blue is by far my favorite (and hardest to find here in the States) aftershave...its the most coveted software I have in my collection!

Thanks for this write up!

Thanks for the review. I wondered about this AS for some time. I might just have to pick up a sample from superlather.com. :thumbup1:

Thanks for the great review! I just received a bottle and have been impressed after only a couple of uses. My first concern was the scent (although it was a comfortable purchase given what's written) & I was happy to find that I like it a lot (& hoping that my wife does as well :wink2:). I hadn't thought about it until reading Todd's post, but I agree it does have some similarities to a mild 'sport' type scent. I was happy to find that it also stays with me for an hour or so (almost wish it was longer), but I agree that it generally wouldn't cause a problem with many colognes.

Another thing that caught me completely by surprise was the mild menthol effect. Say what? Milder? Aren't the Floids supposedly menthol monsters? Not to me....

I noticed this as well... I am not disappointed, but was expecting a little more of a cooling sensation going by what has previously been written. The main thing to me is my somewhat sensitive neck felt great afterwards & there was zero alcohol burn. I usually use balms, but I can see that this is going to become a regular in my routine.

Would that we could get it in the States without nearly mortgaging the house. No kidding. When you can get them them the 400ml bottles are usually nearing $60 U.S. shipped...

$46.62 shipped from superlather.com

I have never researched it, but I have no doubt that America's most famous barber "Floyd" was named after this excellent product. Please no one burst my illusions.

Top Bottom