What's new

Irisch Moos Shave Stick Discontinued?

Here's what is really disturbing about all of this: B&B members recently launched an e-mail campaign to convince M&W to produce SIM in puck form. Not only were those requests ignored or dismissed, but now we find out that SIM soon won't be produced in any form at all. Though B&B and the wet shaving community is thriving, this shows how small and insignificant it is in the big picture, at least to big corporations. It really makes me thankful for the small, privately owned businesses, craftsmen and craftswomen who are such an important part of what we are all about.

I used the Irish Moos shave stick today for the first time. I can say that this is the ONLY shave stick that would give Arko a run for the money.

Wonderful product. OH WELL...

proxy.php

A later post on that forum said it might be getting reformulated not discontinued.

They were guessing and there wasn't really any basis for that belief.

Is it the same? I love tabac stick

Same formula. So just buy a bunch of Tabac sticks instead, you'll have the scent and performance you'll enjoy. If I wanted to use a good performing stick with a scent I didn't care for, I could buy a case of Arko for what Irisch Moos goes for a stick.

Here's what is really disturbing about all of this: B&B members recently launched an e-mail campaign to convince M&W to produce SIM in puck form. Not only were those requests ignored or dismissed, but now we find out that SIM soon won't be produced in any form at all. Though B&B and the wet shaving community is thriving, this shows how small and insignificant it is in the big picture, at least to big corporations. It really makes me thankful for the small, privately owned businesses, craftsmen and craftswomen who are such an important part of what we are all about.
While I agree with your overall sentiment, I think this is less of a case of Maurer & Wirtz not caring about us and more of an indictment of our ignorance about their marketing situation and what they think benefits their bottom line. Products are never discontinued "just because." Irisch Moos probably wasn't selling compared to the Tabac range, and the expense required to keep the stick in production was probably allocated to launching another product.

And don't forget the Tabac line. It's proof that M&W have their chips in this game.

That would be tragic - what a fantastic soap! Then again it wouldn't surprise me since here in Germany - home of both Irisch Moos and Tabac - the situation is a bit puzzling. While most drugstores put all their shaving goods (Palmolive cream, Nivea range, store brand goop etc.) on display, Irisch Moos and Tabac are usually hidden away in the fragrances section, which makes them even more of a specialty product. I'm not a sales and marketing expert, but I don't think this is the way to attract a new, young group of buyers.

It would be a shame to lose yet another shave brand. Irisch Moos has a lot to offer - it's been around for decades, has a stellar performance, a nice scent, great packaging and (at least here) a more than decent price. I really hope they can fix this.

I prefer pucks, but I can always mill it (which is why I currently only have the tube/cream).

I prefer pucks also and so I grated my stick of Irisch Moos into a Pyrex bowl. Works really well and it really is a superior soap along with it's bigger brother, Tabac.

I agree, I also give thanks for the artisan soap producers who go the extra yard (metre) to research, trial, produce and sell at a reasonable price truly outstanding soaps for us the consumers.

Just buy Tabac sticks if you are just going to air them out. It's the same soap, just a different scent.

I had the Tabac stick and I found it to be even better than the bowl. I just like the SIM scent more than Tabac! It's not a bad scent just needs to be toned down a bit.

While I agree with your overall sentiment, I think this is less of a case of Maurer & Wirtz not caring about us and more of an indictment of our ignorance about their marketing situation and what they think benefits their bottom line. Products are never discontinued "just because." Irisch Moos probably wasn't selling compared to the Tabac range, and the expense required to keep the stick in production was probably allocated to launching another product.

And don't forget the Tabac line. It's proof that M&W have their chips in this game.

I don't think we disagree at all. I think it is totally about what benefits their bottom line, and my point was that we do not impact it significantly.

This is just horrible news. I found 4 for sale online and snapped them up. I'm good for 8 years or more in my rotation.

But still, this just means that early 2020 will be a sad soap time for me........

I met up with Craig87c at Pasteurs today. I passed on 2 sticks of mine to him, in exchange for a bottle of Speick AS, and a Speick Stick...Another 2 were sold/passed on to a friend here onthe forum..There was still that same stick I didnt buy yesterday, on the shelf, but Craig left that one behind for the taking..Its there....Again. Apparently Pasteurs has some in stock, thats not on the shelves yet....That may be at the Lex location?

Craig, it was great meeting you !

Sir Irisch Moos was worth it for the name alone, but I also like the unique scent and the fact that its a push up stick that lathers effortlessly. So disappointing as its one of my favorites. Fortunately, it is 100 g stick so will last a very long time.

Top Bottom