Introducing the New B&B Front Page

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Nick, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In an effort to improve your experience at Badger & Blade, we have recently upgraded the Front Page to a new system that will allow us to post articles and announcements in an easier to read format. Keep an eye out, because more improvements are scheduled for the near future, including regular feature articles, the ability for members to submit articles to be posted on the Front Page, as well as other site enhancements. Your browsing experience should also be seamless between the forum and the new front page system. With your current forum log-in, you will be able to reply to front page articles, as well as submit article and new content recommendations.

With this front page upgrade came a slew of maintenance upgrades to the back end software as well. If you notice any irregularities when it comes to posting or interacting on the site, please mention them here, in the Site Feedback forum, or via Private Message to me.

Thanks for your patience during the site outage. We hope you enjoy the improvements.

-Nick

2. Niiiiice. The first bite is taken with the eye!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

3. rtaylor61

rtaylor61 Moderator Emeritus

We have a front page?:eek::biggrin::lol:

Randy

4. Very nice and fancy. More navigable and easy to read. The articles by users idea sounds neat. Kudos.

5. Very Nice i like the new look.

6. Thats what I was thinking I have the forums bookmarked and just check the other things as needed

Nick

7. jlander

jlander Moderator Emeritus

Really don't care for the changes. No log in option for one. I'll just move my bookmark to the forums now and skip the front page.

8. Agreed. Should have a log in option on the front page, have the most recent posts on the forums, and have forum stats (# of new post, members online...etc.)

9. castlecraver

castlecraver Moderator Emeritus

Guys I think it will be a lot more appealing once they get featured articles up... I initially didn't care for the new look, but I think it'll be better for the overall site in that it's not just a shapshot look at the forums and will actually have featured content.

10. looks nice, but the old way seems more efficient and I gotta +1 about the login option. Please either add a log in box to the new front page (which would then take me to the forums) or I guess I'll just have to adjust my bookmarks. Since I still access at times via dial up, I really don't need to have to wait for one more page to load to get where I want to be.

11. The "New improved" front page looks nice enough, but I really liked having the direct link which also showed the number of new posts since last checking. I do like the nice large fonts on the thread links though..
    Ken.

12. scoopster

scoopster Moderator Emeritus

+1. I am going to the New Posts link in the forums page to get the newest posts since my last visit but I liked seeing how many that was. Don't know why, it doesn't change how I use browse the forums.

13. One thing to keep in mind... it's not even CLOSE to finished. Everything (pretty much) you loved about the front page will be there - plus a HECK of a lot more! Gotta give us a week or so though - as there is just two of us, and we'll be bangin' away this week to get a bunch of content and features up.

I'm quite confident you'll REALLY like it. The previous front page wasn't all that usable and didn't give much - if any info to a first time user. I think the new front page will be a heck of a lot more fun/interesting! :biggrin:

14. scoopster

scoopster Moderator Emeritus

Joel, Thanks for re-iterating that this is a work in progress. I was assuming it was as complete as the previous home page.

15. jlander

jlander Moderator Emeritus

I have no doubt that it will evolve. Just my first impression when I logged in this morning. I'll get over it. :biggrin:

I'm one of those that doesn't respond well to sudden change good or bad. :w00t:

16. So, is the overall idea to kind of make the front into a pseudo-blog, with a forum for members?

I realized when I saw it, that it wasn't a finished product. I don't really care for the GIANT rss button at the top. Is that really necessary? I think if someone wants to use that, they will be able to find the button on the bottom of the page. It seems to take away from the rest of the page. I really like the rest of it. It would be cool to have a good shaving blog on the front page. Thanks guys for your hard work.

17. Limey

Limey Moderator Emeritus

That's about where I am. I'll have to check it out.

18. Thank you Nick and B&B Team. :smile:

19. Nice design for the front page, I like it.

20. I usually go straight to the forums so I did a double-take when this futuristic new template popped up.

I actually had to make sure I typed the address right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.