Interested in a B&B-Con?

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Nick, May 22, 2011.

Would you be interested in a B&B Vegas Convention?

1. *

Heck yes!

97 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. *

Probably

57 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. *

Possibly

97 vote(s)
    30.6%
  4. Art's still king

68 vote(s)
    21.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What could be more fun than Badger & Blade on the internet? Some of us got together to ponder that very question, and after enough Scotch to get the creative juices flowing, that answer was pretty clear, Badger & Blade in real life! Meet-ups and get togethers are nothing new for our community, so we figured we'd like to see it on a grander scale. Loosely, we're thinking a convention in Las Vegas, with vendors, covering shaving naturally, but even some of the gentleman's interest topics that we discuss on a daily basis, like cigars and coffee, as well as some instructional clinics.

Before we start investing the time and resources into getting the gears cranking, we thought it'd make sense to hear from you, since just like on the web, B&B without its members would be a downright lonely place. So, real quick and informal, if you'd be interested in meeting up in Las Vegas, vote in the poll, and speak up!

Thanks all!

2. azmark

azmark Moderator Emeritus

Vegas..........no wives right:tongue_sm

3. dpm802

dpm802 Contributor

The chances I'll be able to attend in person are slim ... but I think its a great idea!

I look forward to lots of vicarious fun looking at pics and watching videos and reading posts from the actual attendees.

Now ... if you want to do an East Coast version and hold a Shave-Con in Atlantic City, then I'm in!

4. I would definitely be interested in a Vegas trade show. Definitely would beat the other trade shows I've been to there. What is "Art's Still King"? I voted for it, as I am always in support of a monarchy over these current shenanigans...

5. I doubt I'd be able to make it, but it sounds like a good time! If I could make it work I'd definitely go.

6. I'm interested but timing is everything as they say.

7. Yeah right?:tongue_sm. Sounds like a great idea. I'm in

8. Sounds like a great idea, I wish you all the best of luck. I hope it will generate a whole lot of interest and attract more future members. Seeing as I live across the pond, Las Vegas is a bit out of my range but I shall follow the event as it unfolds with great interest.

9. +1 but I am across the other pond.

10. FINALLY! A place to wear my Simpson Chubby 2 costume!!!

Seriously geeky idea, but I love it!

11. I love the idea but I won't be able to make the trip this year.

12. If ya could give me two years to save up so I could go
    ... Actually make that three...
    Then sure!
    Sounds awesome.

13. I'd be interested in a "World Con" and offer to assist - depending on the time of year I may or may not be able to make it.

Does it have to be Las Vegas? Any possibility of it being a "Shaving Capital" like London or Rome - where we could sample Italian Soft Soaps?

14. The Nid Hog

The Nid Hog Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like fun, but not for me. This would push my ADs past the tipping point.

15. maxman

maxman Moderator Emeritus

I'd love to do it but it depends entirely on what year.
    2011 probably won't work for me.
    2012 is better. I can save up to go.
    If the sessions could be recorded and put on the internet that would be great.

16. I like the idea, but would want to know more about potential costs.

17. I like the idea, but doubt if I would go, so I voted for Art.

18. Mr. Scruffy

Mr. Scruffy Moderator Emeritus Contributor

Dancing girls and beer?

I'm in!!

19. Sullybob

Sullybob Contributor

It sounds like a great time but I probably won't be able to attend. Unless it's after I graduate!

Like dpm802 I'll be living vicariously through pictures and videos.

20. captp

captp Steward Contributor

I voted Yes. Wanted to vote for Art; who is Art, anyway?

Atlantic City would be better for me, but I could do Vegas. Have it in a hall that allows cigars and I'm there for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.