What's new

Indulgence of the Night - 2012

Burns Night consisted of a fine dinner hosted by Laphroaig. We did the 10, 10 CS, Quarter Cask, Triple Wood, and, 18 with our ****-a-leekie soup, haggis, and treacle tarts. Very enjoyable!

That sounds fantastic!! I had my own little Burns celebration, Jura Superstition, on the rocks, twice. :)

Evan Williams 1783. This one is a sweet, caramelly bourbon that is fairly delicate. This one demands to be taken neat, imo. Water or ice would blow out the flavor. I like it, a lot of bang for the buck, but I think it is probably for neat imbibers only.

I was cleaning out the last little bit in a few blends over the weekend and finished off my Chivas 18 and JW Blue.

Tried Rittenhouse Bottled in Bond Rye for the first time this weekend and was extremely impressed. Very nice flavor profile, very similar to a bourbon to me, and at $18 at Green's, it's a steal.

Stone Collaboration Series w The Alchemist & Ninkasi - More Brown Than Black IPA.

This was decent. Reminded me a bit of the 15th anniversary from Stone. Not near as good, mind you...but pretty tasty!

Nice day shooting at the World Class Steel Two Gun Invitational followed by dinner and a few drams with friends. Tuthilltown Spirits Four Grain Bourbon.

$ind 2-4-12 a.jpg

Tom

Having a Jester King Farmhouse Black Metal. An Imperial Russian Stout with Belgian yeast. JK is our new prized possession here in TX. They're doing great things. Not only are they making great beer, but they're getting old, stupid beer laws reformed in TX.

This beer is good. You may not know what a robust stout is until you try this one. Smoke, peat, anise, raw coffee bean, unsweetened chocolate, pepper, a huge earthy hop presence, and a bit of caramel sweetness to balance it all out...combined with a pretty big mouthfeel...make this a damn fine sipper.

Cool label too.

$20120212_164521.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight: A single shot of Westerhall Estate Vintage Rum, neat.
It's good stuff... local to Grenada. Runs about $30 US for a 750mL bottle but its worth every penny. Very smooth.

Black Maple Hill last night...daughter's 13th birthday dinner. Cooked some fantastically prepared (thanks, honey!) pork tenderloins on the Egg, and had my parents and sister over. Nice evening.

The B&B'ers have been drinking well!

Tonight after plate of BBQ ribs, the Elijah Craig 12.

While the 18yo is a top 5 whiskey, the 12yo is nice and bourbony, a hot tasty bourbon pudding.

Top Bottom