What's new

Incoming!

After seeing a video of a photographer using a sling strap, I have been researching what's on the market.

After reading/watching several reviews on different brands, I decided on a strap from Peak Design and going through their web-site I got one of their bundle deals.
I used the Clutch hand strap for my street photography session and it worked very well, that is a strap I foresee will see a lot of use in the future.
I am looking forward to try out the Slide which was the main reason for my purchase :001_smile

And the bundle I got:

Attachments

• $20160923.jpg
    $20160923.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 100
Looks like a pretty decent kit! I've been wondering how much I could benefit from something like that, but the only time I've noticed a strap of any kind would be beneficial to me is if I stop to light a smoke. Still though, free hands whilst hiking may be a good idea.

The Slide looks pretty cool. I've been trying to come up with a way of carrying the camera and having easy access when on the bicycle. I went to your link though a strap like that would allow it to dangle too much and bounce. I have done the strap across the shoulder before with my larger camera and it would sit right on the small of my back but eventually movement would allow it to move down to my leg and start to bounce. It wasn't a quick strap so I would have to lift it on my shoulder and move the grippy part to twist the camera back. It was also a 2-2.5 inch wide neoprene strap with a rubberized side and was way too hot.

I saw something intriguing though in the link you provided. Saw a quick clip that can mount to a belt or back pack strap. That looked promising, but it's just an elaborate point and shoot and I'm not into spending $60 on a clip. I did see some similar on Amazon for closer to $20. I'm thinking I could wrap some kind of strap to the bike frame that I could mount the clip on to have fast and easy access to the camera while actively riding.

Right now, I carry either in my pocket or I just bought a small frame bag. My biggest hurtle is I shoot RAW and it takes a while for it to write to disk so when I turn it back off to put it back in the pocket or frame bag, the lens is still extended while I wait for the files to write to disk. Ideally I want some kind of handlebar attachment that I can quickly clip the camera onto while riding.

A 10-stop ND filter and a UV filter from Breakthrough Photography has just landed in my mailbox :001_smile

I do most nature and landscape photography and according to their website a 10-stop is best for landscapes - and I agree.
I purchased a 3-stop first, because I thought it might be more versatile, and I think it will, but it is not quite enough for landscapes, especially on sunny days.

proxy.php

Olympus E-300. I have a weakness for vintage digital cameras. Especially when they're dirt cheap. The E-300 with its sideways mirror, flat top and Kodak sensor was irresistible.

proxy.php

Olympus E-300. I have a weakness for vintage digital cameras. Especially when they're dirt cheap. The E-300 with its sideways mirror, flat top and Kodak sensor was irresistible.

proxy.php

I'm a big fan of the four-thirds system. I started with a E510, then E620 and now an E-5. The Zuiko lenses are nothing short of amazing and the value in this "outdated" system makes it very affordable to have a bag full of great tools. It does take some effort to get the exposure right and the photos usually need some help in post processing to handle the noise, but the clarity and colors are top notch still. I am tempted by the new OMD EM1 mkII but will probably wait for a price drop and some more reviews first.

$E5190110 (2).jpg

Picked up a 55-200 for the Fuji. With that addition I think I am done buying lenses for a while.
Nice! What other lenses do you fave for the Fuji? I've got the 18-55 kit and 35mm ƒ2. I love the 35 but could use something a little wider for indoors, so I've been thinking about the new 23mm ƒ2. I also want a wide prime or the 10-24 for landscapes.

Legion

Staff member
Nice! What other lenses do you fave for the Fuji? I've got the 18-55 kit and 35mm ƒ2. I love the 35 but could use something a little wider for indoors, so I've been thinking about the new 23mm ƒ2. I also want a wide prime or the 10-24 for landscapes.

Hmmm... lets see. So far, 55-200, 18-55, 27mm, 56mm, 35mm (f1.4), 14mm, 60mm.

Legion

Staff member
Awwyeah! An early Christmas present from Sony.

A7rII, with a 24-70 f2.8 G-Master. That lens is a beast!

"We are going to need a bigger boat."

proxy.php

Legion

Staff member
Great Score! Unless it's the angle, that does look like a lot of lens for a 24-70 :thumbup1:

nope, it is a lump of glass. Spent the day carrying it, and am a bit worn out. But... that's physics. Can't have 2.8 zoom full frame, sharp and small all at the same time.

nope, it is a lump of glass. Spent the day carrying it, and am a bit worn out. But... that's physics. Can't have 2.8 zoom full frame, sharp and small all at the same time.

CS, the A7x is absolutely tiny compared to the DSLR brethren. Most lenses look rather large.

Whereas my tiny A6000 has a new playmate. Ordered at 10am yesterday, arrived 10am today. Sigma 30mm f2.8 DN, to accompany my 60mm f2.8. Of course, the weather has turned wet and miserable as it always does when I get new gear! Let's see how a wider portrait lens kicks!

Carl

Ended up splurging and getting the lens that I've been drooling over for quite some time now.

Picked up a Sigma AF 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS "C" (Nikon mount), received shipping notification this afternoon, so should be here on Wednesday all being well.

Capture.JPG

Top Bottom