What's new

Incoming!

Forgot to post in here. My wife got me the Peak Design Slide for Christmas. After our month long trip to the UK, we both agreed that the factory strap on the D750 is bloody horrible. The Peak Design Slide is amazing. Highly recommended!

Cheers,

M.

I've yet to meet a decent factory strap. They're little more than coarse bragging rights in many cases. I've been using an optech neoprene for a few years now - really dissipates the weight.

Forgot to post in here. My wife got me the Peak Design Slide for Christmas. After our month long trip to the UK, we both agreed that the factory strap on the D750 is bloody horrible. The Peak Design Slide is amazing. Highly recommended!

Cheers,

M.

I love the peak design stuff! I've been using their capture clip for a while now

I got a great deal on a D610, it's due in next week. It's my first FX but fortunately I took everyone's advice and bought good glass first, Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC and Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR1. I need to pick up a 50 f/1.8 soon.

I got a great deal on a D610, it's due in next week. It's my first FX but fortunately I took everyone's advice and bought good glass first, Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC and Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR1. I need to pick up a 50 f/1.8 soon.
Congrats on the D610! I have the Tamron 24-70, great lens in my humble opinion. I need something between the 24-70 and my 300mm f/4, the 70-200 2.8 you have would be ideal, but I have also been looking at the 28-300 VR as a sort of do it all lens for when I don't want a bag of lenses with me.

I have also been looking at the 28-300 VR as a sort of do it all lens for when I don't want a bag of lenses with me.
I've looked at that one as well. Joel Sartore from National Geographic spoke highly of it.

The 70-200 while outstanding in quality, is like carrying a lead pipe.

I've looked at that one as well. Joel Sartore from National Geographic spoke highly of it.

Looks like the 70-200 f2.8 is very similar in weight to the 300 f4 I have, I haven't tried anything heavier but I think it's about as heavy as I would like to carry about for any length of time.
Might go and test a 28-300 VR, definitely looks like an interesting FX lens

Looks like the 70-200 f2.8 is very similar in weight to the 300 f4 I have, I haven't tried anything heavier but I think it's about as heavy as I would like to carry about for any length of time.
Might go and test a 28-300 VR, definitely looks like an interesting FX lens

Ken Rockwell also highly recommends the 28-300. Unless you're doing pro work it should cover 90-95% of what you'll need. (low light and action shots are iffy) .

Cheers

M.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458182662.386123.jpg

Picked up this guy today. Looking forward to playing around with it.

Good weather's slowly coming in, and I can't wait any longer. To whatever extend I possibly can, I want to slowly start taking photography seriously, and actually learn the things I need to learn. So, picked up my upgrade today! Here's the new guy, and along side the old guy:

$20160319_142357.jpg

$20160319_142428.jpg

Hopefully I can get out for awhile today and get a shot or two. The weathers been so screwy the least couple days. Almost two weeks now in a shirt or very light sweater, and when I went into town today I threw on the heavy coat again!

It is heavy and awkward to handle, but is is one SWEEET piece of glass. Absolutely love mine. You are right on about the 50mm prime it a must have lens. They are reasonably priced, as Nikon lens go.

Picked up a Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro Telephoto Lens for my Nikon D3100.

Really nice lens, but weights quite a bit, and AF seems pretty noisy. But for the money, I can't really complain.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Will take some time to get used to the extra weight, but am really enjoying the added advantage of a longer lens.

proxy.php

Picked up a Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro Telephoto Lens for my Nikon D3100.

Really nice lens, but weights quite a bit, and AF seems pretty noisy. But for the money, I can't really complain.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Will take some time to get used to the extra weight, but am really enjoying the added advantage of a longer lens.

proxy.php

Nice pics with the new lens, Andy!

I had the same lens on a D3200 a while back, I found my one to be a little sharper if I didn't go to the full 300mm, above 260-270mm(ish) seemed to be where the sharpness tailed off a little, if you haven't already it might be worth trying that with yours and just cropping a little after. I guess it can vary a little between lens copies though.

Top Bottom